Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-14-2009, 12:07

Default Do you give bulk discouts?

I had a lady ask me if I would give a discount if she ordered several of my arkansas bows. Here's a link to the bow: (It looks much better in person)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=32214623

The twisted in the center is TWO layers of ribbon, zebra and red "bark" ribbon that is satin and a little more expensive, then two surrounding loops and a layer of spikes. No bottom bow. Plus a bottle cap. I charge 6.99 for this bow. How much of a discount would you give? She didn't tell me how many she wanted to buy. What would you do? I don't mind giving a discount but I don't know how much I should discount. What do you think?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2009, 12:16

Default Re: Do you give bulk discouts?

I give discounts, but I would want to know how many she is going to order first.

I had a lady order 18 bow holders and I told her for every 5 purchased I would give her 1 free. So that equaled out to about .40 cents off each holder.

I wouldn't give as much a discount if they were ordering 5 as compared to 20. Know what I mean?

Krista
Old 10-14-2009, 12:26

Another option is to offer free shipping if she buys x or more bows.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:36

I don't give wholesale discounts.

~Lisa
Old 10-14-2009, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthefrills View Post
I don't give wholesale discounts.

~Lisa
Same here. If they go to a brick and mortar store they wouldn't get a discount for buying more than one of anything. Now, that being said, I do price things that come in a set a little lower than if it's a single like pigtail pairs or bows and sets of clippies.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:33

If you do decide to give her a discount, make sure it is something you can live with giving to others as well and to her for the long haul. I say this because, in my experience I've found that once given a discount they want it all the time and word spreads that a discount was given.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:23

I don't do anything for one customer that I am not offering for all my customers. Sometimes I will do a "Buy 5 get 1 free" or something like that, but it is offered to everyone, not just because someone asks for it.

That said, if she is buying for a team, and wants 12 of the exact same bow, I might do a small discount. You might be surprised what people think "bulk" is though...buying 10 bows in different colors is not bulk, and does not get discounted in my world.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:32

Okay....well, I convo'ed the lady back and she's wanting to buy about 5 bows, but only two of them would be the same. When i did 32 cheerbows earlier this year that were all the same, I gave a discount because there was a huge amount and I could order the ribbon wholesale. I WANT to build my customer base, but I have already been told that I don't charge enough for my bows, plus I offer free shipping for orders over $20 already. I'm just afraid that if I say NO she won't order ANY. However, when she asked if I offered a discount I thought maybe she was ordering for a group of girls. Hmm....
Old 10-14-2009, 09:00

For 5 bows, I wouldn't. Your'e prices are very reasonable and some people are always trying to get something for nothing.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:39

I do feel like if you say no to a discount on smaller orders they might just not order at all and go elsewhere. So that is always a thought one! I personally would base a small order discount on how busy I am at the time.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg