New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-14-2009, 10:06

Default Re: Do you give bulk discouts?

Maybe just give her a small discount of 5% or something. I honestly wouldn't for 5 bows.
I usually give 10% off orders over 100 dollars.
I don't do Free shipping because I already charge way too cheap for most of my bows.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43

You could always do a free bow like just a small plain grosgrain pinwheel bow or something similar. Just an idea.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:17

Well, it turns out she owns a monogramming store and wants to offer matching bows with dresses that she makes and monograms. So....this COULD turn into a more lucrative thing if she likes them. Now, I feel like I should discount more. Argh.....I want business, but don't want to cheat myself, ya know?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28

OKay,I have experience with this....so here is my 2 sense.

Tell her if she is only ordering 5 bows, you can do them at $6.50 each, with the free shipping offer as well. If in the future she decides to have a wholesale account, she needs to meet an initial minimum (mine is 12 IDENTICAL BOWS) or ($200 minimum after a % is applied.)I usually do 25-40% depending on the customer. I had to adjust that, and do a percentage off, and the 12 minimum for 1 customer. Then on the $200 minimum, have a reorder minimum of $75. If she has a shop, she is just testing your bows for now...and may want to place a bigger order. Dont sell your self short though. GOODLUCK!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29

I recently had a client ask for a discount on 10 bows (I sell my loopy bows for $6) She wanted them all the same. I gave her a 10% discount so basically she got one bow free and she was happy. t then turned out she was the owner of a local dance studio and I now have a nice little stand in the corner of her front room. I have gained approx. 15 new clients this month alone. I would offer her a small discount and hope she becomes a larger repeat customer.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespotteddot View Post
Okay....well, I convo'ed the lady back and she's wanting to buy about 5 bows, but only two of them would be the same. When i did 32 cheerbows earlier this year that were all the same, I gave a discount because there was a huge amount and I could order the ribbon wholesale. I WANT to build my customer base, but I have already been told that I don't charge enough for my bows, plus I offer free shipping for orders over $20 already. I'm just afraid that if I say NO she won't order ANY. However, when she asked if I offered a discount I thought maybe she was ordering for a group of girls. Hmm....
5 Bows is NOT BULK, especially if they are not all the same. If she has a true business that is successful, she would know that. She is just looking for a deal. No special discount warranted in my mind.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeeshawebb View Post
OKay,I have experience with this....so here is my 2 sense.

Tell her if she is only ordering 5 bows, you can do them at $6.50 each, with the free shipping offer as well. If in the future she decides to have a wholesale account, she needs to meet an initial minimum (mine is 12 IDENTICAL BOWS) or ($200 minimum after a % is applied.)I usually do 25-40% depending on the customer. I had to adjust that, and do a percentage off, and the 12 minimum for 1 customer. Then on the $200 minimum, have a reorder minimum of $75. If she has a shop, she is just testing your bows for now...and may want to place a bigger order. Dont sell your self short though. GOODLUCK!!!
For future reference, should I put bulk discounts on my etsy store front or just wait for people to convo me about discounts?

I thought about doing 5% off of $50, 15% off of $100 and 25% off of $200. Is that enough of a discount to make it worth it for the customer or should I do more?

THank you to EVERYONE for the awesome help! I really appreciate it!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:18

Well you'll see that the majority of people don't mind paying full price so I would only give it to those who ask....within reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespotteddot View Post
For future reference, should I put bulk discounts on my etsy store front or just wait for people to convo me about discounts?

I thought about doing 5% off of $50, 15% off of $100 and 25% off of $200. Is that enough of a discount to make it worth it for the customer or should I do more?

THank you to EVERYONE for the awesome help! I really appreciate it!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:55

Since she wants different bows I don't consider that a bulk order. I would let her know that you are happy to do bulk orders but bulk orders are a min of X amount of bows of the same color. I would then let her know you are able to offer a discount on these larger orders because of the bulk discount your receive on the ribbon.

If you choose to offer her another type of discount is totally personal preference.

Joslyn
Old 10-16-2009, 02:52

What a cute Arkansas bow! I'm from Arkansas and if I had a girl, I'd order it for sure. $7 is very reasonable for a layered bow with all the bells and whistles, I wouldn't discount unless it was a large order (at least 20).
Sponsored Links