Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-13-2009, 06:49

Default Adult tutu request.

I got a request to make an adult tutu and she referred me to this picture for what she wanted.

http://anythinghollywood.com/2008/11...tridgepeacock/

Do you think this is just made like a typical tutu? It doesn't look like tulle is used to me.

How would you go about making this? I want to do my best to fill her request and thought some extra opinions from you all would help! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18

Default Re: Adult tutu request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSplitBoutique View Post
I got a request to make an adult tutu and she referred me to this picture for what she wanted.

http://anythinghollywood.com/2008/11...tridgepeacock/

Do you think this is just made like a typical tutu? It doesn't look like tulle is used to me.

How would you go about making this? I want to do my best to fill her request and thought some extra opinions from you all would help! Thanks!!

Not sure what the material is called but I dont think that is tulle either. I would bet it is made the same way if you sew them.

I would ask her if she is wanting tulle and warn her that it may not look exactly like that tutu if you do use tulle.

Krista
Old 10-14-2009, 01:32

That looks more like a pettiskirt to me, and not a tutu at all...but I could be wrong. The material appears to at least be similar to the nylon chiffon used in pettiskirts (I think). HTH!
Old 10-14-2009, 05:15

did you get this in an alchemy request? i got one from someone who showed me the same exact picture. we talked about it and now i'm not sure if she still wants me to make it for her [probably not], i messaged her yesterday.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:26

my guess would be nylon chiffon too.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:53

It is nylon chiffon, it is a tutu not a petti. You can get one exactly like that from Bloom Dance-wear or really any dance-wear store( I managed one for about 6 years). It is fairly simple to make a simplicity used to have a pattern for one.

Lu
Old 10-15-2009, 04:31

It must just be a popular request-it is a coworker of a family member of mine who asked, but she knows I have a site on etsy right now.

I thought it might be chiffon, and I actually told her its a different material and she wants me to make it with tulle. So, that's the route I'm going

Based off the picture how long would you say that is? I asked her to tell me how long she wanted it and no specifics.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37

If she wants it to stick out like that I would measure to just below the knee. Cut tulle for that length. The way you make it stand up is to sew the layers opposite. I know that prob does not make sense but once your playing with the fabric you will understand. I swore I would never make a "real" tutu again after I helped one of the local studios make 12 for Nutcracker.
Lu
Old 10-15-2009, 11:15

Do you think it could be bustled taffeta? It looks sort of iridescent/shiny. Not sure but I don't think it's tulle. Not that you couldn't recreate it with tulle
Old 10-15-2009, 11:35

is it a dress or a bodice and a skirt? i'm thinking dress????
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg