Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-11-2009, 01:09

Default Head bands from regular lace

Someone gave me a lot of different types of lace. This is plain lace not the stretchy kind but very pretty. She used it when making dresses for little girls.

That being said how or can I make head bands out of this. I don't own sewing machine. Is it possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:45

Default Re: Head bands from regular lace

I am totally guessing here but maybe you could cut the lace to your desired length. I would probably fold the ends one or two times about half an inch each time. In my mind this will make a thicker and more stable area to attach the elastic to and with needle and thread make a couple of stitches. Then I would sew some elastic to both ends. To cover up where the stitches and elastic are you could hot glue some pretty ribbon around it. Does any of that make sense? LOL! I hope it helped a little.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:19

I agree with what mommygolightly said. YOu could also stretch your elastic out a little, stitch the lace on the elastic, and then when unstretched, it would be kinda ruffly, but when stretched on the head, would be pulled out more. Make sense? HTH
Old 10-11-2009, 03:09

Thanks a lot I will try it
Old 10-11-2009, 03:10

Did you want them for infants or big girls?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:34

Both infant and big girls
Old 10-12-2009, 11:26

for the big girls this is how I do it.

Two Pony os, I used different colors so it would show up and I wouldnt put these colors with orange ribbon

Put one pony o thru the other

Loop one end of the pony o you put through inside the other

Pull tight so the two pony os are now in sort of a figure 8 and hooked together

Slide the end of the ribbon through one pony o (heat sealed end but I keep it on the roll so I can cut it to the length I need and not waste any)

Fold up a bit of the end of the ribbon and thread your needle through it as pictured

Now pull the thread tight, wrap it around a few times and sew through the middle, I then sew back to the other side a few time to make sure it is secured, then I might add a bit of glue on it to make sure it is secure

then cut tot he length you need and sew on the other side. Then I add some silicone on the inside so it stays put
Old 10-12-2009, 11:29

Isn't that a cute idea Threeblessingb!! I'll have to try that with regular ribbon.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:34

For infants, I make a garter type one, I sew a casing for the elastic with satin or soft fabric for the back and then feed the elastic through the casing and sew it shut

These are also good for the big girls in the new boho style that is HOT right now

scroll down, instead of the ribbon, I use the lace on one side and the satin on the other
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/468...-bridal-garter
Old 10-12-2009, 06:57

Thanks so much for the info as well as pictures. I'm a visual
Sponsored Links