new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-04-2009, 06:42

Default How to make a korker bow sparkle

I need help! I got an order for korkers for a cheerleading squad. They asked me to make them as sparklie as possible because they are for competition. I figured I'd use glitter ribbon but I just recieved a call from the lady who ordered the bows telling me to make sure that no glitter came off the ribbon. Apparently there is a rule that states that if you run your finger over the ribbon and glitter comes off, your squad is disqualified. Now im not sure how to make the korkers sparkle Any suggestions? Can you recommend a different type of ribbon that sparkles?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-04-2009, 07:01

Default Re: How to make a korker bow sparkle

What about glitter spray and then spray it with spray adhesive, or clear acrylic spray paint?? I dont know
Old 10-04-2009, 07:02

I've never used it for korkers, but what about that Offray Galena ribbon? It's not exactly glitter ribbon, but it's the stuff Michelle uses for her bumblebee wings: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/free-....html#post5541

I'm not sure how it would kork, but it's worth a shot, since the glittery stuff is woven in, not on top. I've seen it at Michael's and Joann in a bunch of colors. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:12

idk how much they are paying for the bows but a squad asked me to make thier camp bows with lots of sparkle!!!!! These were standard cheer bows black/ ginger/zebra but i added clear crystals all over the white part of the zebra print... talk about bling u can see these girls comming!!!!! they really really looked good and when other teams saw them they also had to order! but i charged them ALOT per bow!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hair_bling_boutique View Post
idk how much they are paying for the bows but a squad asked me to make thier camp bows with lots of sparkle!!!!! These were standard cheer bows black/ ginger/zebra but i added clear crystals all over the white part of the zebra print... talk about bling u can see these girls comming!!!!! they really really looked good and when other teams saw them they also had to order! but i charged them ALOT per bow!!!
Do you have a picture of these? I would love to see one! I'm in the same boat with some glitter bows. Thanks!

www.mycutiepea.etsy.com
Old 10-04-2009, 07:39

What colors are you working with? Have you considered some of the glitz ribbon?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepea View Post
Do you have a picture of these? I would love to see one! I'm in the same boat with some glitter bows. Thanks!

ughhhhh no! and it makes me mad that i didnt even take a pic!!! LOL....the ribbon came in last minute and the darn crystals took FORVERRRRR to put on individually!! lol... im NOT looking forward to making these ever again but the coach actually just emailed me to tell me that she needs 5 more for pictures (for the girls who lost them... for $22 a bow u would think they would have taken better care of them) so i will take pix before i give them to them and post it i am really pround of thease beauties!!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:48

I have also heard of putting nail polish over glitter so it wont come off???? maybe? idk!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:09

What about metallic ribbon from TRR? Or using the sequin material bonded to ribbon? I've used both these teq. on cheer/drill bows that I've done in the past and it makes them pretty blingy once you spray them with craft glitter than hairspray.

HTH

Ash
Old 10-04-2009, 09:34

I put hairspray on mine and the glitter doesn't come off
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif