New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-03-2009, 11:51

Default Problems with wire on bows?

I am not sure why, but the wire on ribbons so close to little ones heads worries me. I imagine a scraped head or a pojed eye. lol Has anyone had any issues with using wire?
Thanks
Abbie
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:08

Default Re: Problems with wire on bows?

Are you talking about wired ribbon or using wire to secure the center? I sew my bows so I don't have that problem. I tried wire but couldn't ever get it to feel tight enough. Now I sew them and love the way they turn out.

HTH

Julie
Old 10-04-2009, 12:11

I have been making bows for 3+ years using wire to hold together and I have never had a problem.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:12

wired ribbons : take the wire out before you make the bows...

Try to use other alternatives to wire, i.e thread, sewing...
Old 10-04-2009, 12:27

Thanks for all the replies! I am talking about using wire to secure the bows to the clips. Is there a way to make loopy bows with sewing? I'll have to look that up. Not sure I would be to good at sewing. I do love the idea to pull wire out of wired ribbon though.
Thanks
Abbie
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29

I did use some cross-stitching floss (what I could easily find at the time) for my first loopy bow. It seemed to look funny and the loops would move easily so I was just thinking about trying alternative ways. Thanks
Abbie
Old 10-04-2009, 07:20

I use upholstery thread to sew my bows and I've wondered how it would work for the loopies? I wonder if anyone has tried this or the dental floss that some use for sewing their bows??

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbieplus2 View Post
I did use some cross-stitching floss (what I could easily find at the time) for my first loopy bow. It seemed to look funny and the loops would move easily so I was just thinking about trying alternative ways. Thanks
Abbie

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 10-04-2009, 08:09

i think the site is "girly things" they have a tut on making loopy bows using needle and thread.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:01

That's where i found the tutuorial for using wire. LOL. I line the underside of the french barrette with grosgrain when I use the wire on the loopy bows. The glue plus the ribbon = no poking. I fretted about it at first too, but even my wiggle worm of a 3 year old has never had a problem with them.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults