New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-30-2009, 11:18

Question Question About Wendy's No Slip Grip Instructions

Hey Everyone,
I'm thinking of purchasing Wendy's instructions but I'm hoping for some feedback from fellow Canadians...I read on a post somewhere that someone had trouble finding the specific silicone product needed in Canada....Have any fellow Canadians out there purchased these instructions and been successful in getting the product needed?

Also I was hoping anyone else that uses this method could help out...I currently use velvet and line the whole inside of the clip with it, does this method work better then velvet??? I love the simplicity & effectiveness of the velvet but if the silicone will work better I might have to make the switch...

Thanks in advance,
Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 11:27

Default Re: Question About Wendy's No Slip Grip Instructions

Where are you Amanda?? I'm in Niagara Region.
I have the instructions-Wendy did a great job on them. Personally I'm still a little concerned about the warning labels on the silicones up here (in Canada) so I haven't used them yet...
Old 09-30-2009, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post
I have the instructions-Wendy did a great job on them. Personally I'm still a little concerned about the warning labels on the silicones up here (in Canada) so I haven't used them yet...
I'm actually in southwestern Ontario, in a teeny tiny town between London & Windsor...Hmmmmm true...I'm guessing if they are ingested there might be some issues...but not sure if its better after it cures???
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52

I am in canada and I use Marina - Aquarium Silicone Sealant (bought at Pet Paradise). I find it works AMAZING my 4 month old has thin hair and hair clips will stay in her hair. The bottle doesn't say anything about being toxic but I put a warning on my hair clip cards saying not recommened for 0-3. I just don't follow my own warning hehe.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20

I personally wouldn't use it unless I knew it was 100% safe. IMO
Old 10-01-2009, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post
What do the warning labels say? Just curious as there are different grades of silicone I guess. Silicone nipples are recommended as the safest choice on baby bottles. And they have those silicone rubber food utensils and muffin tins,etc. now.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17

I am in Alberta, I use the stuff found in the hardware section at Walmart. Had no problems, works awesome. I personally feel that once cured, it should be fine. All my clips come with warnings about choking anyways, so if it ends up in their mouth, I would say the whole clip is a hazard, not just the no-slip. It's not like they are chewing on the silicone like gum! (I hope...)
Old 10-01-2009, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy-san View Post
I am in Alberta, I use the stuff found in the hardware section at Walmart. Had no problems, works awesome. I personally feel that once cured, it should be fine. All my clips come with warnings about choking anyways, so if it ends up in their mouth, I would say the whole clip is a hazard, not just the no-slip. It's not like they are chewing on the silicone like gum! (I hope...)
yes most warning are for before it cures.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19

I used to use velvet, this silicone is 100% better and I use the kind that is safe on plates and cups and such and says you can drink or eat out of it after it cures so I would think that is safe.,
Old 10-15-2009, 06:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I used to use velvet, this silicone is 100% better and I use the kind that is safe on plates and cups and such and says you can drink or eat out of it after it cures so I would think that is safe.,
Do you mind if I ask what type of sealant that is that's food safe?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies