New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-29-2009, 03:01

Default who posted....

the thread that had a picture of a girl in a tutu that they made, and a GIANT tulle puff on a headband??? I thought it was sweetpeapalace, but I douldnt find it! Does anyone have the tutorial for those puffs? I dont want the fully round tulle ball, I want it attached to the headband and sticking up...does that make sense? Thanks girlies!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 03:55

Default Re: who posted....

Was this the pic?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:06

YES!!! LOL how did you make that?? i have a tutu shoot coming up and I would LOVE to have the tulle puffs as an option to pick from
Old 09-29-2009, 04:08

It is just adorable. Great job.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:16

umm, well, I'll try to explain..lol
I just winged it!

I took about 10 15" pieces of tulle and stacked them on top of each other, then I folded it in half(lengthwise), then in half again the same way.
Then I tied it in the middle (width-wise) Tie it very tight. Then you cut the folds (like stick your scissors in the loops and pull it taught and cut all the layers at once. Then shape any that stick out too far with the scissors.
It's a lot simpler than it sounds..lol

I hope that makes sense.

If you have questions, let me know.

You can also use the handmade cardboard template that you wrap the tulle around, there are tuts on here somewhere for those.

Then its just sewn to the headband.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:22

ok when you say lengthwise which way do you mean (i know, sorry, but im serious! LOL) if its long ways in front of, did you take the long bottom and fold it up and than fold it again, or did you take the shorter end and fold it, and than again? and than ill be able to figure out whic h way width way is bc itll be opposite of that way. sorry, its just that length wise could mean folding the length in half or folding the lengthwise side up, thats why im confused.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:32

LOL you are too funny....I think she means she takes the 15 in pieces and folds them in half (so they are about 7.5 in) and then folds it in half again...so you have a thick pile of tulle that's about 3.75 inches long...is that what you were thinking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytutus View Post
ok when you say lengthwise which way do you mean (i know, sorry, but im serious! LOL) if its long ways in front of, did you take the long bottom and fold it up and than fold it again, or did you take the shorter end and fold it, and than again? and than ill be able to figure out whic h way width way is bc itll be opposite of that way. sorry, its just that length wise could mean folding the length in half or folding the lengthwise side up, thats why im confused.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:34

ok yes! haha this is what makes sense to me bc otherwise itd be too long! LOL thanks!!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42

Hope it turns out! Post a pic when you finish one!!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26

I tried to make mini tulle puffs for my daughter hair to go with her forth of july tutu. But that did not come out well. lol
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg