150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-29-2009, 01:47

Default Re: Making bows for black peoople

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfrosting View Post
Maybe you can just put a generic warning on the packaging like...
"Hair care products can have an adverse effect on the life of bows and bow hardware."

I mean even hairspray can really make a bow collect dirt and dust.

I dunno...just an idea
Oh! I like that!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
LOL!

The places that is is coming off it where I line the clip....when you wrap the ribbon around the bottom part. Also, on the wrapped headbands....the end pieces....

Sorry..hmmmmm....Now I'm really worried those bows I sold them are gonna fall apart! I might put a sign up about hair products
Old 09-29-2009, 02:34

Yeah you could definitely put something on there about the hair products bc I'm sure there are other hair products (serums, pomades, etc. that people of all races use) that could make the glue come apart. BUT i bet e6000 would hold.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:44

My DH is black so all of my children are bi-racial and I can attest to the fact that it is the oils that they put into their hair. I use olive oil in my girls hair on occasion when their hair gets dry and I learned real quick not to put bows in it for a few days after oiling. The oil soaks into the ribbon and they fall apart. I'm not sure if it's that the oil is dissolving the glue or if its the oil soaked into the ribbon that isn't allowing it to stick. If I want them to wear bows in their hair then I put the bows on a crocheted headband and have them wear it that way.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 09-29-2009, 03:00

I think that scotchguard would be a good idea for all the bows... I wish I would have done that to all of my baby's bows.... She likes to play with hers while she is eating.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:27

It is the oils. My daughters hair bows come apart where you lined the clip around the back (partially) line. or on french clips where the ribbon wraps over the edges. I stopped lining her clips, its just a waste. I havent tried e6000 but not sure I would want that on all of her bows
Old 09-29-2009, 03:56

Does scotch guard contain phthalates? If I remember right most stain protectors contain them.

You can get little sample sized glues that include e6000 at Michael's and Home Depot. Maybe you can make a few clips with the different glues, put some oil in a doll's hair, and let it sit for a few days. That might give you an idea of what will hold.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:30

Hate to bring up an old post but did anyone ever try the E6000 to find out for sure if it works? And does anyone know for sure if the sealah tape comes apart to with the oils? TIA

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 11-20-2009, 10:03

thats what I did, by not lining the clip it seemed to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsx3 View Post
It is the oils. My daughters hair bows come apart where you lined the clip around the back (partially) line. or on french clips where the ribbon wraps over the edges. I stopped lining her clips, its just a waste. I havent tried e6000 but not sure I would want that on all of her bows

Sponsored Links