Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-29-2009, 10:23

Default Need Help!!

I used to make bottle caps a couple years ago and so I bid on an alchemy on Etsy to do some custom ones. Now for the life of me, I can't get them to turn out. I used the glue I had then but the images are popping off. I tried to find it and can't locate it locally. So I've been trying others with no consistant luck. It won't hold the image flat all around just in the center. They also are easy to pop off and I can see it is still wet in the center. I'm also now having problems with the dark spots. I've been reading the past forum posts about modge podge but that seems to be causing the images to bleed and be cloudy/fuzzy. How long after you put the glue on do you let them set before you do the top. I use ET Lite and I get it smooth without bubbles. I have 75 to do and I'm running out of time. I have 1-2 days to get this figured out and done so I can send out. Any help would be appreciated!

Patty
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23

Default Re: Need Help!!

Xyron sticker maker - with permanent adhesive
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02

I use scotch quick dry adhesive( acid free) put a drop on one cap and put another cap on top and swirl it around so it spreads on both. Then put my cut image on it and swirl it around and let it dry for like an hour before topping with the et lite. I also use micro glaze over the images before i put the et lite, it stops the images from bleeding = )
Old 09-29-2009, 03:56

I went out and got one of these xyron machines and it does help with the image staying down but I'm still having the issue with the dark spots. I even did the mod podge around the image. Maybe it just needs more mod podge. I'm going to try some more tonight and see how it goes.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.

Tags
bottle caps, finish, glue