printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-25-2009, 01:27

Default help me on tutu

my daughter has seen the witch custome on esty and wants one how long should i cut the tulle lengths to make one a little longer than her knees and how many yards of tulle will i need and where can i get the bright orange and line green tulle at a good price than so much for yur help in advance.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-25-2009, 01:36

Default Re: help me on tutu

hello-
i am not sure about the lenght you need the stips or the amount. the amount will vary depending on how full you want it and the different colors you are combining. as far as where to get it i know unitedbeadsus.com has some but it is made in china, so the quality is not the best. nashvillewraps.com has a better quality and so does angelbabestutu.com. you should find those colors there.hth!

marisela
Old 09-25-2009, 01:41

thanks so much for that info these are for my 8 year old
Old 09-25-2009, 02:12

I buy all of my tulle from Wal-mart, or Hobby Lobby.... don't know if there is anyone on this board that sells, (if so, I am interested)
I cut 19" length for 5-6 year olds, normally that goes to their knees, according to their mommies,
hope this helps some!
hugs,
Lora
Old 09-25-2009, 02:24

here is where i get my tulle www.bbcrafts.com
Old 09-25-2009, 02:30

I check HL's sale papers to see when tulle goes 1/2 price and I stock up then. To get the correct length just measure from her waist to her knees and multiply that number by 2. Then add another inch or two for the knots...you'll probably need 4 or 5 spools of tulle to get it really full!! Hope this helps!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:32

I get my tulle from www.bbcrafts.com, www.nashvillewraps.com, www.tullesource.com, as well as walmart and hobby lobby. Right now Hobby lobby has their tulle on sale .77/yard for bolt tulle and 1.99 for the rolls (6x25). There is an awesome neon green color that I just LOVE at hobby lobby and i bought a bunch of it cuz i wanted to make a witch costume but haven't gotten around to it. I'd love to see what you come up with! are you making a tutu or a tutu dress?
Also, don't know if you're planning on doing a witch hat with it or not, but I saw some plain black witch hats at Target in the bargain bins for only $1.00. It was child sized. You could embellish the hat with your leftover tulle!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:49

I purchased my tule from HL, in wedding section. Its is a 100 yard rolls, and when they are on sale, they are $5 only. It is nice, I just wish it was a bit softer. I made my first tutu two days ago and I cut my tule 20" long, and it was short for my 3 year old. But its ok for my 10 months old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (39.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-25-2009, 04:22

thanks so much ladies i am going to make a hat thanks for that info on the hat.i been to hl and walmart here and they don't have the green or the orange here. i am not sure if i am going to make the dress of the tutu i been wanting to try the dress i will post picture of here wearing it. she wants the witch to be purple and black and i want it to be green in black if any one wants to give me tips on the dress i would love to make it i have made a tutu for a two year old but that is it.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:34

Try www.codwholesale.com - they have 6"x25 for $1.45 a roll. I know they have orange & they have an Emerald green that looks really bright. I have not ordered tulle from them, but have ordered other items for weddings.
Sponsored Links