Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-25-2009, 09:25

Default 1st fabric flower

Here is a pic of my first fabric flower... except I need help. How do I get the middle to come together. I watched a tuturial and made circles, foldered the circles in half then in half again... then threaded the rounded part... when I was done putting the 5 petels there was a open circle in the middle of the flower. On the pic I glued a rhinestone in the middle. Is my stiching to tight and I need to make them looser so the big gap isn't in the middle or do I just need to invest in some larger rhinestones?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_3070.JPG (113.3 KB, 123 views)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-25-2009, 09:52

Default Re: 1st fabric flower

Another gal on here is making & selling these wholesale (they are way cute!!) and yours look just fine--she sells them unfinished, and hers have the "hole" in the middle too. I think you just need to get some bigger rhinestones or buttons, or make your own cute fabric buttons Your flower looks great, by the way!!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:18

I have the same issue!! But I agree that's just the way they are. Would love to know if someone does know a trick to make the whole smaller so I could have more center options!! Very cute flower!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Here is a pic of my first fabric flower... except I need help. How do I get the middle to come together. I watched a tuturial and made circles, foldered the circles in half then in half again... then threaded the rounded part... when I was done putting the 5 petels there was a open circle in the middle of the flower. On the pic I glued a rhinestone in the middle. Is my stiching to tight and I need to make them looser so the big gap isn't in the middle or do I just need to invest in some larger rhinestones?

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 09-25-2009, 11:11

I think that it's darn cute. Where did you see the tuturial?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:49

I couldn't find the tutorial I used, but i found this one... looks a little harder watching this but it's not hard. When I fold my circles I didn't sew them, I just used a needle and thread and gathered. They turn out much crisper if you starch and iron the circles before you fold. Looks from this tut the cirlce in the middle is suppose to be there, so guess I'll look for some biggere rhinestones or buttons.. Or make my own of course.

sew ritzy~titzy: fabric flower tutorial
Old 09-25-2009, 01:50

Wow! That is really cute - and it's your first one!!! You will be on a roll in no time
:-)
Need wholesale supplies? Shabby chic flowers, satin mesh flowers, vintage lace flowers, glitter ribbon, FOE, chiffon lace flowers, shabbies, headbands and more! Outstanding Service and Prices at http://www.pinklilywholesale.com

Join our Pink Lily Wholesale Group on Facebook!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:57

It's pretty! Love the zebra print!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:03

I think it turned out really cute. I agree, starching and ironing is key. When i get done gathering mine, I just stitch across the back a few times until everything sort of comes together really tight but not so much that it distorts the petals, if that makes sense.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:04

Very pretty!
I've never attempted those type flowers...I'm no help with the center issue.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:52

I like to make a few stitches across the middle where the hole is(like a criss cross) to secure it,
I also like to put different yet coordinating fabrics together. I buy packs of quilt squares that way you dont even have to cut them, I'm lazy!

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies