New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-22-2009, 08:34

Default Stupid bottlecaps

I am so fed up with these @#$%%^## bottlecaps. I try and try and they still turn out messed up. Everytime they dry they have a friggen crease in them. No matter where I put them. I have tried away from the windows, away from fans, in a box with no lid, in a pan on my kitchen table and nothing works. This time I checked on them every 15 minutes and they were perfect. Then the last time I checked, suddenly they have the ##%$^&* crease. When I put the picture in the cap (first time i tried this) theyre fine but I dont want to do all my caps like that. I dont know whats going on.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry for using so many @#$$%% but I'm super frustrated.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2009, 08:39

Default Re: Stupid bottlecaps

I feel your pain!! It took me MONTHS of expeirmenting and lots and lots of ruined caps before I got mine to turn out good. Are you getting your images printed at a photo center?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45

I got mine at snapfish and someone on here sent me some. I used some from both piles and still the same thing. I did cut some out of a magazine, like cosmo and parents whatever, and they did fine.

I have used the snapfish ones before and there were like 2 that turned out fine. I know the paper makes a big difference but I dont think its that since they turn out fine when i put the image inside the bottlecap
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49

what are you using to glue the images onto the cap?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51

Oh thats something, the one on top of the cap I used a white glue stick, scotch i think. and the other time I used the elmers purple one (I think). And the one on the inside of the cap I used scoth super strength adhesive
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54

I just made a batch of bottle caps that turned out great! One of my friends suggested I use Enviro Tex Lite. You have to mix the resin but believe me it made the difference! I am so glad I bought it.

I print my own images on photo paper.
I let them dry over night before punching them out.
I run them through my Xeron sticker maker and then attach to my already painted and dried bottle caps.
I then spray with Krylon clear sealer and let that dry over night.
This time I used the Enviro Tex Lite and used a 1 inch sponge brush to apply it. It worked great. (The last time I did a few but used a popcicle stick to spread it and didn't get that technique perfected!) I kept watching them and applying small dots of resin with the sponge brush as they needed it. Then I went over them with a torch lighter to get out the bubbles. They look really good. This is the first time I've been proud of them!

Hope this helps!

Love, Bear Hugs & Angel Kisses,
Ms. Dee
Old 09-22-2009, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasCssAceZjs View Post
Oh thats something, the one on top of the cap I used a white glue stick, scotch i think. and the other time I used the elmers purple one (I think). And the one on the inside of the cap I used scoth super strength adhesive
That's probably your problem. Get the xyron sticker maker, make sure you use the permanent.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelteddy52 View Post
I just made a batch of bottle caps that turned out great! One of my friends suggested I use Enviro Tex Lite. You have to mix the resin but believe me it made the difference! I am so glad I bought it.

I print my own images on photo paper.
I let them dry over night before punching them out.
I run them through my Xeron sticker maker and then attach to my already painted and dried bottle caps.
I then spray with Krylon clear sealer and let that dry over night.
This time I used the Enviro Tex Lite and used a 1 inch sponge brush to apply it. It worked great. (The last time I did a few but used a popcicle stick to spread it and didn't get that technique perfected!) I kept watching them and applying small dots of resin with the sponge brush as they needed it. Then I went over them with a torch lighter to get out the bubbles. They look really good. This is the first time I've been proud of them!

Hope this helps!

Love, Bear Hugs & Angel Kisses,
Ms. Dee

I use ET Lite as well and the Xron sticker maker. with ET Lite if you have some that don't turn out right you can apply a second layer of ET after a couple of days and they turn out great. If I use printed images from Walgreens I don't even spray with a sealer just go right over the pic....
Old 09-22-2009, 09:14

I just looked at the stickers machine today. Its cheap but the refills are expensive. I may have to try that. I never thought it was the glue. I'll have to experiment with that. Thanks ladies
Old 09-22-2009, 09:16

I also use a xyron sticker maker then seal with modge podge then use ET over it - Comes out really good. HTH!!!
Sponsored Links