key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-22-2009, 10:17

Default Re: Stupid bottlecaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenasbowtique View Post
I also use a xyron sticker maker then seal with modge podge then use ET over it - Comes out really good. HTH!!!
Exactly what I do too and wouldn't change a thing! They come out beautiful!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 10:34

You get tons and tons of caps done with one xyron refill. It may feel like it's expensive, but it really is worth it. We've done about 150 and still on the first roll that came with the machine (we did the 2 1/2 inch one). The 1 inch circles go thru side by side, 2 at a time.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:28

Creases? In the resin or in the image? I've never had that happen. What resin do you use?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:51

I have the 1.5" and I think I did 240 images on one refill. I wish there was a better place to buy refills though. the nearest craft store is an hour and a half away and I go through the stuff like candy (I've done over 2000 caps in the last couple of months).
Old 09-22-2009, 03:58

I do my caps the same way. However , I hav enow run into a problem with the 16 oz. bottles. It seems that if ET is old (shelf life??) the bubbles will not come out. i ruined a batch of caps on Sunday night, went and bought new bottles (16 oz again) and same issue. Bubbles don't rise and I get a spider web effect on the top of the glaze. Yuck. I will now stick to the 8 oz. bottles if I can find them! Micheal's no longer carries them here. OFf ot HL I go today after nap time!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
I do my caps the same way. However , I hav enow run into a problem with the 16 oz. bottles. It seems that if ET is old (shelf life??) the bubbles will not come out. i ruined a batch of caps on Sunday night, went and bought new bottles (16 oz again) and same issue. Bubbles don't rise and I get a spider web effect on the top of the glaze. Yuck. I will now stick to the 8 oz. bottles if I can find them! Micheal's no longer carries them here. OFf ot HL I go today after nap time!
hmmm, I always use mine up so quickly I guess I have never had one long enough to experience this. Are you using a lighter to get the bubbles out?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00

This was the first batch out of a new bottle. Bad ET batch - because that was my 7th batch of caps that night! Once I switched to new bottles, they ruined my caps! I have had that happen 2times now. Ugh!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
Creases? In the resin or in the image? I've never had that happen. What resin do you use?
the creases are in the resin. And i dont have a craft store near me at all so i would have to buy on ebay. I tried the mod podge first then the resin and the resin was fine but I could see the mod podge line. And I use liquitex because I only do about one or two at a time. I dont really make anything for anyone except for my kids so I dont need a bunch at a time.
Sponsored Links