New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-21-2009, 10:35
bowboutique

Default Help how to make your bows stiff lol!

I know there is something to help make your bows stiff like a spray or something also, which is easier and more cost effective epoxy circles or diamond glaze for a first time please help?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55

Default Re: Help how to make your bows stiff lol!

I use magic sizing heavy starch for my bows. As far as epoxy circles, I've never used them, but I do use ET lite, which works great. Super easy! HTH
Old 09-21-2009, 11:18
bowboutique

Very helpful thank you and other suggestions would be great too
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41

I use Stay-Flo starch. Super cheap and works amazingly well! I spray each piece individually of a layered bow before I assemble it. For korkers I usually give them 2 or 3 coats of starch because I like mine to stay really fluffy. HTH

www.mycutiepea.etsy.com
Old 09-22-2009, 08:18

I starch all my bows too!! It really helps them keep their shape and very cheap to do!!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30

I use Faultless starch on all my bows and bake them for about 20 minutes at 275 before adding the clips.
Need wholesale supplies? Shabby chic flowers, satin mesh flowers, vintage lace flowers, glitter ribbon, FOE, chiffon lace flowers, shabbies, headbands and more! Outstanding Service and Prices at http://www.pinklilywholesale.com

Join our Pink Lily Wholesale Group on Facebook!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29

I use Sta-Flo. Just put it in a spray bottle, spray the the bow, then I shape it, throw it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 225, and they are super stiff, and hold their shape for a long time. My girls are hard on bows. I can't count the number of times they went in a pool, under a sprinkler, in the tub, been slept in, and even chewed by the dog, and they have never lost their shape. I did use some Stiffen Stuff (can't remember if that is the actual name) and it did a good job also, but affected some of the colors of ribbon.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:44

I bought some cheaper starch at walmart and it didn't work that great. I forget the brand. So I took the niagra from my moms and it works so much better. You may just have to find a brand that stiffens to your liking. You can always bake but make sure you dont' have any glue on the bow!!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:43

I actually have baked my bows all together, glue clip and all, and not ever had a problem. First time I did it by accident, now I do all of mine that way.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:54

I use stiffy. Dilute it 3/4 water to 1/4 stiff. ...put it in a spray bottle and lighty mist bows.

~Lisa
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.