New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
New products--hip girl clips
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-21-2009, 07:42
Default Baby Shower HELP!!!

So I just get in from my birthday dinner and I have several messages on my voice mail. My brother's fiance was to have her baby shower a few weekends from now. The lady now can't do it. My mom and everyone can't do it do to work, and no time to plan....( What about me). The whole family nominated me.....they say I am good at things like that.....It is this SUNDAY..............I have no games, ideas, crapppppers................Help, what are some quick things to come up with, to make for foods , decorations stuff I can make her...........

Any help will be greatly appreciated.....

Can I scream now?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58
Default Re: Baby Shower HELP!!!

I personally am not big on shower games. But what they did for mine was scramble up baby words like diaper and you had to unscramble them LAME. Um the clothes pin game is fun. Everyone starts out with a clothespin and if you catch someone say baby you take their pin. The person with the most pins at the end of the shower wins. As far as snacks just like a cheese ball and crackers fruit tray and a cake and punch. For decorations just get blue and pink streamers. HTH
Old 09-21-2009, 08:55

I like the clothes pin game. It's easy and fun. At my shower, we did a "dirty diaper" game. Someone put different kinds of baby food in a couple of diapers and guests had to guess what flavor of baby food was in each diaper. The one who gets the most correct wins. It's kind of gross, but funny. We also did a game where guests had to guess how big around my belly was. Each guest cut off a piece of yarn, and the whoever's yarn came closest to fitting around my belly won.

As for decorations, balloons are quick and easy; also a couple of those huge bows in pink or blue. I went to a baby shower last weekend where they had framed ultrasound pics on each table. It was really cute!
I scrapbook (occasionally anyway and anytime I have a party I glue the invitation in the center of a sheet of scrapbook paper and have all the guests sign around it. That takes care of half of my layout and it's nice to look back on later to see who was there. Plus imo, it makes more sense than a guestbook that just ends up in a box somewhere. You might could even have guests create scrapbook pages at the shower and she could fill it in with pics later. I would have loved that.

For food, I would go pretty simple. Maybe you could order a cake and have some of your family help with the rest.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10

what time of day is it? is it a luncheon, or just appetizers? well, I guess it doesn't really matter, as I am about to drop a ton of info here anyways!

drink-I love homemade strawberry lemonade, but country time works too. also a cucumber refresher: 1 can frozen limeade, a 2 liter bottle of 7-up, crushed ice (like from Sonic), and a thinly sliced cucumber. Put ice in the bottom of your pitcher, the pour limeade and soda over ice. top with cukes, and let sit for flavors to meld for 15 minutes. Ladies love plan to make more depending on how many people you are expecting.

food-think farmers market. like a fruit salsa (chopped strawberries, pineapple, blackberries (add in last cuz they'll change the color of salsa), kiwi, mango...your choices are endless. sweeten with honey, powdered sugar, brown sugar, OR granulated sugar. next squeeze some fresh lime juice. a little goes a long way, so keep taste testing till you like it! then get flour tortillas, brush with melted butter and generously sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on them. cut into triangles (chips) and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until crispy, but not burnt.

anyways, before I go on and on, why don't you pm me if you need any help. I love to entertain and cook and bake, so I got plenty of help for ya if you want/need it! HTH
Old 09-21-2009, 09:23

I love to plan parties. For games you can find plenty online for free. There is baby bingo, crossword puzzles using baby words, there is the dirty diaper game but with different candy bars melted in them and guests have to guess what kind of candy it is. There are simple games like putting skittles into a baby bottle and they have to guess how many are in there, the person closest to the actual # wins, the clothes pin on a hanger game where the person who can take off the most pins from a hanger with one hand wins, also putting cotton balls in a bowl and having the guests put the bowl over their heads and getting 3 turns to take out cotton balls with a spoon. (the one with the most cotton balls wins)

For food I would keep it simple like veggie tray, fruit tray, some sandwiches maybe, macaroni salad, chips..... of course cake and punch!!!

For deco: you can use baby bottles filled with water and food coloring for color and add a small flower like a short cut daisy.... balloons, streamers, etc.

HTH...... Have fun!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:26

ok let's see.
Some food ideas,if you plan on something around lunch time....sub sandwiches, cut up small. My local food4less sells premade ones 6 6" subs for $5. I would cut each one into 4 or 5 pieces. They also sel premade potato salad and macaroni salad. Add some chips, maybe some dip and good to go. Don't forget a cake.

party favors....get some pillow mints or jordan almonds, wrap a few in saran wrap, then cover with a tulle circle, tie with "its a boy or it's a girl" ribbon.

games.....clothespin game mentioned above. the dirty diaper game, make folder daipers out of white napkins and safety pins. in each diaper, put some mustard or spicy mustard (to look like poop) in the diaper before you fold it (might have to layer napkins. leave a few clean. as guests enter and sign the guestbook (or whatever) they take a diaper. During the party they can trade diapers with others if they want. when you say they open diapers, if they got a clean one they win. you have to make sure they cant peek inside though.

baby bingo. get or make a blank bingo card on a sheet of paper, add the free space and make copies of it. think of some typical baby items you would get at gifts. you fill in the squares. you want like 50-60 different items, and then you put them in different orders/spots so you dont have a ton of winners. when mom goes to open presents, players cross off stuff she has gotten on thier cards. easy way to get them to pay attention to gifts lol. first one to get bingo wins or as many winners you want.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30

Here's great site for craft ideas.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:56

ok lets see here games:
dirty diaper:
different chocolate candy bars smashed and melted in the microwave for about 45 secs. and everyone has to guess what type of candy it is. also the left over diapers go to the mama to be.

guess whats in the gift bag:
get a bunch of little things like balmex, vaseline, baby shampoo, powder, baby qtips etc. put them in a gift bag and blind fold the mama to be. hand her each item and she has to guess what the item is.

present bingo:
bingo cards that everyone has to fill out with diff items like diapers, wipes, bows, onsies, highchair etc. and while she is opening the gifts you just check the gift off she opened and who ever gets a blackout wins!

guess the price:
get a bunch of little things like a bath tub, shampoo, lotion, balmex, onsies, washcloths, diapers, bathtowel and have all the items listed on paper so that when you pull the item out of the bathtub everyone has to guess the price and then at the end of the game who evers grand total is the closest without going over!

RichnStiffy & Sweet Sophia
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47

Thanks girls, I have not hosted a baby shower in a long time. I am going to try to do all new games and things or put a twist on old ones, something like an out of the ordinary baby shower.....I am going to try to cut some of the fruit into baby thing shapes and try to make a diaper wreath to hang up for her and make soem handmade party favors. Maybe try to attempt some baby thing ribbon scupltures, if I possibly can. Thanks for all of the ideas. They have given me some long forgotten memories of my own baby showers, lol.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42

Appetizer that's easy.

round of brie cheese cut it in half to make two thinner circles. Lay one circle rind down on cookie sheet. Add some apricot preserves and chopped jalepnos. Put other brie round rind down. Top with more apricot preserves and jalepnos. Top with chopped pecans. Surround with sliced french bread. I spray my bread with pam or oil to make it crunchy. Bake until cheese melts.

For clothes pin game, they sell large diaper pins at michaels. YOu can make necklaces out of them with ribbon and play the don't say baby game. At mine, my husbands grandmother never hears anything you say, but she heard baby from whispers across the room.

We ate and opened presents at mine and that is the only game we played. Time flew by!!

Good luck!
Sponsored Links