new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-16-2009, 06:17

Default no slip grip on the back of toggle headband

I bought a toggle headband today at a consignment sale and applied to the back of the ribbon was a clear film of something that keeps the ribbon from slipping in my daughters hair. I have no idea what this could be....any ideas??
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:36

Default Re: no slip grip on the back of toggle headband

Silocone?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:26

I saw a toggle headband today and it touted a "no slip grip". I checked it out to see if it was just a line of silicone. I think it *may* be silicone, but it looked more like a strip of tape that's sticky on the one side and then the side going on the hair was the silicone part. Anyone ever seen this or know of where I can get some? Thanks!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:50

I read somewhere...over the vast internet, that they used non-toxic silicone. They purchased it at Pet'sMart or Petco/Walmart. Somewhere. But its the silicone that they use to seal fish tanks. It has to be non-toxic or it would kill your fish, right? I haven't found it there, but I haven't really looked either. Good luck! I know that they use the drawer liners or rug liners the small holes on some of the hair clips as non-slip grips. Which can be bought at Walmart or at Joanns and just cut into small pieces.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:44

Thanks girls!! I'm going to call PetSmart and see what they say. It looks like the silicone had been painted on back of the ribbon so I bet that's what it is. I'll keep you updated on what I find! It kept the headband in my 4 year old daughters silky hair all night at church last night so it really works!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:37

I put approx. 4 - 6 inches of silocone on the ones I make.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:10

I do not have problems with these slipping, unless the hair is up in a ponytail, otherwise they stay just fine
Old 09-17-2009, 10:13

The ones I am referring to it definitely wasn't just the silicone out of a tube. There's no way anyone could've painted it on THAT exactly Somewhere out there someone found this stuff. I have the double-sided sealah-like tape, and I'm thinking that it's just like that--but instead of both sides sticky, one is the silicone or whatever it is. Any ideas, ladies???
Old 09-17-2009, 10:14

Nicole...so you don't use any type of non-slip? Looking forward to getting my toggles.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebuglaine View Post
Nicole...so you don't use any type of non-slip? Looking forward to getting my toggles.

Nope I dont grip them AT ALL! and sell TONS! and ps SO AM I hahhahaha
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif