http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-15-2010, 04:36

Default Re: fabric and organza "singed" flowers?

I just cut extremely free form 4 petal "flower" shapes. From what I can tell there is no wrong way to do it since when you singe it kind of distorts the shape a bit anyway.

I just started making these last night.

Last edited by rufflesandribbon; 02-15-2010 at 05:22. Reason: add pic
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-15-2010, 05:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesandribbon View Post
I just cut extremely free form 4 petal "flower" shapes. From what I can tell there is no wrong way to do it since when you singe it kind of distorts the shape a bit anyway.
Those are so cute, rufflesandribbon! I love the fabrics you used.

Here's a picture of one of my creations:
Rosalie3 Front1.jpg

Initially I loved how this turned out, but now I feel like it's just too perfectly...symmetrical. What do you all think? I'd love some feedback.

-Stacie
Old 02-25-2010, 05:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciem View Post

Attachment 26662

Initially I loved how this turned out, but now I feel like it's just too perfectly...symmetrical. What do you all think? I'd love some feedback.

-Stacie
Beautiful!

I can't wait to try these!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:28

Has anyone tried these using tulle?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciem View Post

Attachment 26662

-Stacie
I really like it. Yes kind of symmetrical but it's just a different look than what I did. I like the different layers & it looks like tulle in there too. Very pretty! Oh and thanks!!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05

I just love these and have been thinking about trying them. What colors do you think would sell the best?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen26 View Post
Has anyone tried these using tulle?
Yup! You can definitely use tulle. Just keep in mind that it singes REALLY fast and can catch fire if you don't constantly keep rotating it around the flame. I'd suggest keeping a jar or bowl of water nearby the first few times you try it.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:02

I was at Joanns and they had a little display up front (March is National Craft Month) with a bunch of little papers with free tutorials. They had one for a "brooch bouquet necklace" and it has quick instructions for organza flowers, ribbon flowers, and tulle flowers. It even has 2 petal outlines that you can use to cut out your shapes.

Funny thing, I just noticed on the back of it, it says they're not supposed to have this paper out until 3/7/10. ha I wonder how many other stores have it up already.

I think their version of tulle flowers is different. Here's what it says:
"1. Cut a 2 1/2" x 24" piece of tulle for the large flower & a 1 1/2" x 24" piece of tulle for the small flower.
2. For each flower, fold the piece of tulle in half lengthwise. By hand, stitch a row of running stitches 1/4" from the raw edges on the long side. Gently gather the tulle.
3. Fold the short edges to the back and stitch in place. Adjust gathers. Embellish with beads."

Last edited by allstarcheergirl; 02-28-2010 at 04:05.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.