New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-15-2009, 03:36

Default tutu bowholder question..i've searched for days on here, going through 100s of pages

and still can't find good instructions on how to make one of these...

my questions are
1) how do you attach the tulle to the bodice? Do you attach the tulle to an elastic (a la no sew tutu) and then glue the elastic around the bottom part of the bodice?

2) are there ANY instructions out there aside from the free ones that have been posted? I can't even find paid instructions...

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2009, 03:59

Default Re: tutu bowholder question..i've searched for days on here, going through 100s of pa

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/balle...ow_holder.html

Try this. I've never made one, but I found these a few weeks ago.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:18

Default Re: tutu bowholder question..i've searched for days on here, going through 100s of pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
http://www.girlythingsbows.com/balle...ow_holder.html

Try this. I've never made one, but I found these a few weeks ago.

Thanks....Those are the free instructions that I mentioned ...they are SO vague...are there any other ones out there that are alittle more detailed
Old 09-15-2009, 04:22

http://www.ehow.com/how_4678689_bow-...tu-design.html

what about this one? I read the other one and didn't understand it either, but I'm not good at following instructions.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:57

I read somewhere that they put the tulle on a elistic and then glue it to the body. I made one by gluing the tulle to the body but It just fell off when I put bows on it.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:00

Could you put the tulle on ribbon and then tie it around?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:44

I used plain old hot glue. I take my tulle strip and fold it end to end. At the fold part, acordian fold that from side to side...Put the hot glue on the bodice and put the tulle on that...(It WILL soak through and get your fingers lol, I set it on and when it's a tad cooler, push down to avoid burns.)

WHen you do that all the way across with the tulle, add your long strands of ribbon that hold the clippies and bows. Then, take ribbon and glue it on top of where you glued your tulle and ribbon ends. Make sure to wrap the ribbons around the sides of the bodice for extra support. Then, adorn with bows/flowers etc.

I hope that helps. I used those free instructions as a guide, but made it work for me

(Now, keep in mind that this pic is old...it's one of the first ones I did for DD, so the bows are kind of crappy!)

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Because kids get cancer, too.
*Proud Mommy to 3 great kids!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto3 View Post
I used plain old hot glue. I take my tulle strip and fold it end to end. At the fold part, acordian fold that from side to side...Put the hot glue on the bodice and put the tulle on that...(It WILL soak through and get your fingers lol, I set it on and when it's a tad cooler, push down to avoid burns.)
Do you glue each side of the acordian fold so that it sticks together all in one piece? Sorry for the dumb questions...Thanks so much for your help!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsMommy View Post
Do you glue each side of the acordian fold so that it sticks together all in one piece? Sorry for the dumb questions...Thanks so much for your help!
Not dumb questions at all I didn't glue each side of the acordian fold...I just held it in place with my fingers. Since the tulle has holes in it, it would soak through and hold the accordian fold in place. I use a pretty good amount of glue--push it on as much as your fingers will allow without burning GIve it a few seconds to cool and push down firmly to hold

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Because kids get cancer, too.
*Proud Mommy to 3 great kids!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:33

check out girly stuff.com its free
Sponsored Links