New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-15-2010, 02:28

Default Re: tutu bowholder question..i've searched for days on here, going through 100s of pa

I kinda think most of us make our own patterns when it comes to this (just like determining our favorite lengths of ribbon to sew bows).

Me- I took graph paper and drew out what I wanted. I played with the ratios to determine the height of the bodice/height of whole bow holder, and width. I wanted it mathematically balanced- it just looks more pleasing to the eye (I think).

I sew mine. I think it's more sturdy that way. All the tulle is sewn. All the ribbon is sewn. Everything is machine stitched for durabilty. The embellishments are glued on.

Here's a picture of two of mine. I'm sorry it's not focused more on the bow holders.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 07-15-2010, 02:30

Default Re: tutu bowholder question..i've searched for days on here, going through 100s of pa

This is a pic of my pink/white one from farther away

Old 07-16-2010, 05:38

Do you hand stictch or use a machine when you sew yours? I would think you would sew it to a ribbon or something but then how do you attach it to the bodice? If you sew it do you hand stitch it? Also how much do you generally ask for your tutu bow holders?

Thanks.
Karen
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09

so do you guys go all the way around with your tulle??? i was thinking it was just the front of the bodice... i have some cut out and ready to make im just not sure how to do it....lol and now im getting more confused
Old 07-16-2010, 06:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofallongrandkids View Post
I have been making these for two years now. I can not figure out how to post a question on this forum. You can check out mine at www.Patticakeboutique.com if this is what you guys are wanting I will tell you the secret.
I so want to know your secrets! LOL! Do you use batting between the fabric and the board?

Last edited by taxiof2; 07-16-2010 at 06:21.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
so do you guys go all the way around with your tulle??? i was thinking it was just the front of the bodice... i have some cut out and ready to make im just not sure how to do it....lol and now im getting more confused
I do, but that's because I'm paranoid it won't look right if for whatever reason they looked at the back...I'm weird I know. But I only do one layer on the back.

I just fold it in half lengthwise, so I cut it double what I want the length of the tutu to be. I make mine 24" for a 12" tutu. I then fold it accordion-style, and glue it to the bodice.

In my pictures I didn't put the back on before the tulle, I normally do put the back fabric on first, I think I was just a little distracted thanks to my kids, who will ignore me unless they want something or I want to work on something. In the end it won't even matter because I put ribbon around the waist, but I like to do it the same way each time.

It's honestly not as hard as it might seem, once you have done one you'll see how easy they are, and I love making them!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53

I put my tulle all the way around. I make mine look as pretty in the back as it does in the front.

I machine stitch mine.

Mine are very big- probably much bigger than most people's here. I charge (and get) $45 for each one. I haven't measured the full height, but I suspect it's about 4 feet.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelzer View Post
I put my tulle all the way around. I make mine look as pretty in the back as it does in the front.

I machine stitch mine.

Mine are very big- probably much bigger than most people's here. I charge (and get) $45 for each one. I haven't measured the full height, but I suspect it's about 4 feet.
Love to see pictures!
Sponsored Links