New products--Rainbow dot 3/8' grosgrain ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-11-2009, 07:28
Default Bow Displays

I am going to have a 10x10 space and wanted to get ideas or pictures from you all of good displays for bows, headbands, etc that I could make myself....

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 07:40
Default Re: Bow Displays

Try to follow me. I have a display up at a private school. Go to the building section in Lowes where they have pre-cut pieces of wood and get that particle board thin wood with all the holes in it. Then go to the area where they have all the garage organization doo-dads and you get the hooks for the boards there. I just got the single hooks, because my headband holders and bow cards only have one hole. But you can customize to what you need. I covered the board in a piece of black fabric (cheap fabric) and then planned where I needed each bracket to go and used my scissors tip to poke a hole in the fabric to slip the bracket into. I then went to Micheals with a coupon and picked up a metal black frame (I had to cut the board to fit the 24x36 frame, one cut really easy) and framed the whole this. You can slip some framing wire through the board, NOT THE FRAME it's too heavy, and hang. Or come up with a creative way to eisel it. I got my headband cards from as well as the headband supplies, and I actually use vista print for my bow cards. I use the post cards, both vertical and horizontal. They have a nice glossy finish. I creat my bow card in photoshop, I even pre-mark with a little asterix where I will punch my hole, upload to vista print and I can get 100 cards or so for about $20. Look online for a coupon. Works great. The vertical ones are for two bows and the horiz. are for one bow. I do the same for my earrings just on vertical business cards. Really inexpensive. HTH Let me know if you need any other clarification.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:18
Default Re: Bow Displays

I actually came up with an idea and the guy at Lowes came up with a better one. I went looking for a big piece of the peg board but the make it in already cut pieces 4ft by 2 or 3. I wanted to make it shape into a triangle and use brackets. He came up with Zip ties. That way If I needed to I could get the boards apart. It worked PERFECT. Then a friend of mine suggested using one of the corners as a rod holder for the headbands. I had read somewhere about someone using full paper towels and then they wrapped them in fabric. So I took a dowel stuck it through a hole, through the paper towles and another hole. Then I wrapped it in fabric and stuck my headbands on. I only had enough to try one but you could put like 4-5 down that one end for all my headbands. Woo hoo!!! and it was less than $20.
Sponsored Links