new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-05-2009, 09:34

Default woven ribbon headband?

OK, Do you always put dabs of glue along the weaving or just at the beginning and the end of the headband? I want to do it at the living room, but DH is not happy with the hot glue dripping on the coffee table. I know that I can line the table with plastic or paper first. Any suggestion? Is sealah tape also working for the headband? I saw a thread about somebody using sealah tape along the headband, so no need to put glue when you're weaving.

Wholesale Headbands, Rolled/Dainty Flowers, and Duchesse Flowers.

21 Satin colors and 20 Grosgrain colors. PM me for more details.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 09-05-2009, 09:51

Default Re: woven ribbon headband?

Glue the 4 ribbons together and just a dab to attach to headband and then glue at the end,
I get 30 or 40 started at a time (glue ribbons on and just do 1 or 2 rows of weave and stick regular alligator clip on it to hold it) and throw it in a box--I grab them out one at a time--I can do it in front of the tv or while I'm anywhere--you can just stick the alligator clip on if you get interrupted... I wait until I've got a pile of them finished and then I glue the ends...assembly line : )
That way I only get the glue out twice and do a ton of them at once...I can walk around the house weaving...
Hope this helps! Good luck!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:58

I could have written Pabloswhim's post! I do exactly the same!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilianaleahy View Post
OK, Do you always put dabs of glue along the weaving or just at the beginning and the end of the headband? I want to do it at the living room, but DH is not happy with the hot glue dripping on the coffee table. I know that I can line the table with plastic or paper first. Any suggestion? Is sealah tape also working for the headband? I saw a thread about somebody using sealah tape along the headband, so no need to put glue when you're weaving.

I'm sure my dh feels your dh's pain. I don't know about selah, but maybe your dh doesn't mind the fumes from e6000
Old 09-05-2009, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
I'm sure my dh feels your dh's pain. I don't know about selah, but maybe your dh doesn't mind the fumes from e6000

LMBO Mine stays as far away as possible when I use the E6000. I remember when I first made korkers, we wet them with water then baked them. Talk about a raunchy smell in the house. He would come in from work and ask what was for dinner and then say never mind. LOL Dinner came much later cuz the ribbons needed to get cooked up first.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg