http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-04-2009, 12:35

Default Custom Order Help ASAP PPPPlease

I got an order for 2 tutu dresses. All of these look softter than a normal tutu....is it or does it just look that way because it is longer?? Who is the best supplier to use for tulle for these types of tutus? I have searched & searched and am needing to get to work on these and need to order a couple of colors I am out of and want to make sure it is the right type of tulle

I am making the halter dress tutus like these....****just for an example of type...not my pics****
Are these better to do with the softer tulle or just the regular? I usually order my tulle from UB....would theirs work fair, ok or great? I was planning on sewing these....

OHHH....do any of you that make these line the under side with some kind of material or just do them like the normal tutus?? If I do line them....is there anyone that knows where I could find a tut or instructions? I am just all searched out on this subject and can't come up with any new search results to answer any of this. Thanks so much in advance!!!! I just don't want to waste any money using wrong tulle Greatly Appreciate any help!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 09-04-2009, 01:12

Default Re: Custom Order Help ASAP PPPPlease

It's just because it is longer that it lays that way, though bridal tulle is softer and imho make great dresses. I get mine through Kimberly at Angel Babes Tutus but have also gotten them through international gifts with no issues. Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:14

I use the softer tulle because it's right next to their skin and I don't want it to be itchy. Plus the soft tulle just flows nicer when they move. Nashville Wraps has the softest tulle that I've found.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainstorm9 View Post
It's just because it is longer that it lays that way, though bridal tulle is softer and imho make great dresses. I get mine through Kimberly at Angel Babes Tutus but have also gotten them through international gifts with no issues. Hope this helps.
I agree ~ the longer the tulle, the more flowing and soft it looks.

I made one for my DD with tulle from www.papermart.com and it was soft enough that she wasn't bothered by it.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:51

i use bb crafts tulle and like it much softer than UB i have heard good things about nashville but shipping to me in Canada is to crazy!

Last edited by mysweetbowtique; 09-04-2009 at 03:51. Reason: sp
Old 09-04-2009, 03:59

Thanks that helps! I was just looking at papermarts tulle. I have looked at the others too and may have to go with one of those because papermart doesnt carry one of the colors I am needing.

So....if it is layered enough and soft enough, it shouldn't need lining?? I am was planning on using the 6" and didn't know if I could use that size without lining being that they are longer and spread easier and my customer probably doesn't want any "peek a boo" moments in her pics Thanks so much Ladies for responding!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:16

I use three strips of tulle per knot and it ends up being opaque enough that you shouldn't need to line it with anything. Post pics when you're done - I would love to see how they come out!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:21

oh wait i just read that you were sewing them. oops. I guess you would just do multiple layers? I've never done a sewn one before, well not successfully anyway.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:33

I dont sew mine. But I do know that I do not like UB tulle for tutus. It's bad quality. IDK it just doesnt sit the same. Kind of like you would compare a crappy floppy flower versus a nice full bushy flower YKWIM? I personally get mine from Nashville they can get it to you quick. Oh and about peek a boo moments. I pack mine on and we havent had any of those. All of my customers seem to be happy so it works Ive been thinking of hosting a tulle GB if there is enough interest we may be able to work up a good price with the supplier to Nashville.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyeliza View Post
I use three strips of tulle per knot and it ends up being opaque enough that you shouldn't need to line it with anything. Post pics when you're done - I would love to see how they come out!

Thanks for the tips!! I am thinking that I may go ahead and tie these...my customer said either way is great with her so I am leaning towards using knots I will definately have to post some pics, considering they don't look horrible lol!

I finally got a new camera....long story short....after my first show on July 4th was over (stayed at my M-I-L's house, same town as show) she used my camera at the park the next day and I didn't realize I didn't get it back until I got back home and ready to upload the pics to my computer. Needless to say, I will never have pics from my very first show .....she finally confessed she left it at the park that day and she went back and looked everywhere and never found it I was even more sad because my dd's 5th bday pics were still on there too and I hadn't uploaded those yet either but my mom had taken a couple so that made me feel a tiny bit better.
sooooooo........I
Sponsored Links