http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-02-2009, 05:15

Question NGNB Templates and Gator Bite

I have searched and searched the forums and can't quite find the answer I'm looking for. Yesterday, I ordered the NGNB templates and the Gator Bite. Can I use them together to make a twisted bow? I looked in the NGNB ebook and it shows you how to make the twisted bow by manipulating the loops to make them twisted. When I use the Gator Bite will they come out twisted as if I had done it free hand?

Can you use the Gator Bite to make all the bows that you can make with the NGNB templates such as pinwheels, basic, twisted, split, pinwheel, tails out, tails down and stacked?

Thanks! : )
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-02-2009, 08:15

Default Re: NGNB Templates and Gator Bite

I have not tried the gator bite with all the NBNG templates, but I have tried it with the basic, twisted and pinwheel bow and it works. With the twisted bow, after you manipulate the loops leave the pin in and clamp the gator bite over the pin (so the pin is in the middle of the gator bite) then tie as usual.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52

Thanks so much, fragglerock! I can't wait to get my templates and the Gator Bite. There are a lot of what we call here in the south, "bow heads," and all the moms of those little girls are already putting in their orders for bows. So, I'm very excited! I'm in the choir at my church and from the choir loft you see a sea of hair bows in every color of the rainbow when you look down into the congregation. I can't wait to get the stacked bow made. It seems no one here in my town has ever seen or heard of them. So, I have lots of orders for those. Thanks, again, for responding.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:25

I LOVE my NBNG templates and I just ordered the gator bite and it should be here tomorrow!!! I know the templates really help me keep the bow even on both sides! I've heard great things about the gator bite!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:22

I am going to be ordering both of those this week! I can't wait to get them! They will be so much help!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:23

with the templates can you make different sizes of bows?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmania View Post
with the templates can you make different sizes of bows?
Yes! She has 3 different packages ranging from 4 different sizes to 12 different sizes! I got the 9 piece set and I thought that had a huge range in sizing!!! You can make a bow as small as 2 inches and as large as 6 inches!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princesses View Post
Yes! She has 3 different packages ranging from 4 different sizes to 12 different sizes! I got the 9 piece set and I thought that had a huge range in sizing!!! You can make a bow as small as 2 inches and as large as 6 inches!
thats the set that i got as well and i love it not really sure how i made bows before them. also the instructions are to die for very clear and if there is any problem she is always happy to help. the only problem i have had with them is the bigger ones warping. but stick um under a sewing machine for a couple days helps a little. I also use the sally clip instead of the gator bite but i think i am going to order the gator bite this week. it helps with the creases right?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchezutl View Post
thats the set that i got as well and i love it not really sure how i made bows before them. also the instructions are to die for very clear and if there is any problem she is always happy to help. the only problem i have had with them is the bigger ones warping. but stick um under a sewing machine for a couple days helps a little. I also use the sally clip instead of the gator bite but i think i am going to order the gator bite this week. it helps with the creases right?
That is what I've been told. I guess the reason it works better than the sally's clip is because of the teeth that grip it and help crease it. I haven't tried the sally's clip so I won't be able to compare. I can't wait to get it and try it out. Should be in today's mail! WOOT!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:02

Woohoo! My NGNB templates and Gator Bite came today. I bought the 12 piece template with the spiral book of instructions. She also sent me the ebook, so I was able to take a look at it before I received everything in the mail. Her instructions and pictures are amazing. I cannot wait to get started making bows with this new, easier way. No more lop-sided bows for me. : ) I have several orders already from ladies at church, the bank, and Facebook. I hope I can meet the demand. LOL! Thanks, everyone, for all your input.
Sponsored Links

Tags
gator bite, ngnb, no go no bow, templates, twisted