Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-31-2009, 10:20

Default Re: Putting bows on pony-o's

For korkers: When I do mine I sew and I start with a 1" or so piece of flat coordinating ribbon color and then add the korked ribbon on top. then when I am sewing the korker together I go through all the layers and then wrap around the pony O and sew several times. Once I feel the korker is secure together and around the pony O I tie off and then take the 1" piece and wrap it and glue it around the pony O to finish it off pretty.

I hope that makes sense...in my mind it does...just not sure how it transfers to the written word. I only use the really thick pony o's now as it seems that the thinner ones stretch out much faster. HTH
Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2009, 04:51

That's how I do it too. I took a few pictures, but it's the same!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:03

That was a great demo!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:41

thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05

I take either the top or bottom curl stick a pony-o in it and then stick a dab of hot glue on the bottom of the pony-o then I stitch the curl around the pony-o. HTH

--Cassie
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14

3B I love how you do that I don't make any pony o's on actual pony o elastics because they fall right out of Christine's hair. But I'm going to tuck this idea away for when she gets older.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:34

Just a tip to the one who said their bands wear out fast...NEVER hold the hair up with a ponytail holder with a bow. Always secure the hair up in a separate (non bow) band first and then just put the one with a bow in tight enough to keep it in place. No need to wear out the rubber band trying to make it tight enough to hold hair.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
Just a tip to the one who said their bands wear out fast...NEVER hold the hair up with a ponytail holder with a bow. Always secure the hair up in a separate (non bow) band first and then just put the one with a bow in tight enough to keep it in place. No need to wear out the rubber band trying to make it tight enough to hold hair.

That makes a lot of sense! Great tip!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
Ok this is fast but here is ONE way I do it

Start with bow and other materials you need

hold pony o next to bow as shown

put one pony o end inside the loop of the other

and pull tight

put a dab of glue on the joining spot

cover the center of the bow as you would going THROUGH the hole in the pony o, I usually wrap it around a couple of times

Like such

and so

trim and heat seal or fray check

there she is on her back

And showing off her belly

Voila........I will try to get my MOVABLE way up too
This is the greatest idea I have ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing. I have been holding and stitching and getting frustrated. I cant wait to do another pony-o now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
Never thought about them stretching out. I will have to print something up to put on my pony-o's to give to customers when they buy them so they will know this as well. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:58

Pony-O's attached to bows should never ever be used to hold hair in a pony tail. The job of the pony-O (that is attached to the bow) is ONLY to hold the bow to the hair, not to hold the hair in a ponytail. The pony will stretch out and be ruined, or break, or simply fall out or get pulled out of the hair, allowing the hair to fall out of the actual ponytail style. It's important to tell your customers to use a seperate ponytail holder to hold the hair in a ponytail/half ponytail/pigtail first, then apply the bow to the hair. If you do a search, I believe in the instructions area, there is something about Cheer Bow Care from gmcks that lays out care for bows with pony-o's that you could use as a jumping point. Not that I am recommending you copy by any means, but sort of like a template to use to create your own unique instructions to give to potential/existing customers. They are quite comprehensive, yet easy to read. Thanks again to Gmcks for sharing her instructions so we can all learn from them (to have an idea of how to make our own customer instructions: topics, wording, etc, of course!)
Additionally, when making cheerbows, one frequently uses the same floss, upholstery or heavy duty thread, etc., to wrap around (through) the pony-O that they use for tying the center of their bows, it is also common to sew a stitch or two or three through the actual rubber part of the band itself to ensure the pony-O stays attached to the bow. Using glue will not work too well, as the glue will frequently (not always) pull apart the (covering) center wrap, which allows the pony to fall off from pulling on the bow's pony-o to wrap around the ponytail.
HTH!
Sponsored Links