150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-20-2009, 07:11

Default No slip clips

Ok I'm trying not to get frustrated but I have now gone through 3 silicone sealants!! I read that I shld use the 100% aquarium sealant BUT how to u keep using it? The tube nozzle always gets clogged even though I try to clean after each use! It doesn't work!! I try to use the second time and it doesn't come out the nozzle and the sealant tube actually breaks and the sealant leaks out the end and then I have to throw away!! I have wasted $30.00 now b/c each tube cost $10!!

I have also tried that duck tape and that just peels right off!!

What am I doing wrong!?!? I really like the sealant but can't figure out how to use it after the first use!!

Please help!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 07:16

Default Re: No slip clips

I did that with my first tube too. So with the second tube I took several lengths of ribbon a yard each (a variety of colors) and spread the silicone onto the ribbon. I used the whole tube immediatly after opening it.

Then I let the ribbon dry overnight and once dry, I cut it into 1 inch pieces and I use double stick tape to attach the pieces inside my partially lined alligator clips. Works like a charm and no more waste.

*you can also use hot glue if that is how you line your clips, I just happen to use the tape.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:19

I'm just about to just use hot glue. I heard hot glue would work too to make clips not slip. Has anyone tried that?
Old 08-20-2009, 07:25

i just dont use the tip, I open up the tube and just put a small amount on without using the tip. It is also perfect width for the 3/8 inch ribbon...works like a charm
Old 08-20-2009, 07:26

Not so much. I have tried it but it doesn't work *that* well. It peels off easily.

IMO, Silicone is the best no slip, velcro is second.

You can get a very inexpensive alternative to the aquarium sealant by buying 100% clear silicone caulk at a hardware store or I have heard Walmart has it. I know Target does. Some use small GE sillicone singles that come in little single use packets. I think they are about $2. There was a thread here about the GE singles here a while ago. I will try to search for it for you.....
Old 08-20-2009, 07:35

here it is.....

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/cleve...er-dollar.html
Old 08-20-2009, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberry View Post
I did that with my first tube too. So with the second tube I took several lengths of ribbon a yard each (a variety of colors) and spread the silicone onto the ribbon. I used the whole tube immediatly after opening it.

Then I let the ribbon dry overnight and once dry, I cut it into 1 inch pieces and I use double stick tape to attach the pieces inside my partially lined alligator clips. Works like a charm and no more waste.

*you can also use hot glue if that is how you line your clips, I just happen to use the tape.
that's exactly what i do!

Norma ~!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48

I cut mine in 4.5 inch increments and put the sealant on just the last inch or so...then let them lay there to dry, and since I don't use the tip, I can make just as many as I want in the exact color that I need
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44

That is a good question, Julia44.

I've tried using hot glue as a no slip. It is horrible. Snags the hair, and is just unattractive.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberry View Post

Thanks for all the responses. I had one quick question. When you say "spread" do you mean actually spreading the silicone on the ribbon? I've just put a small "line" in the middle of the ribbon and let dry. I didn't spread it out like "jam"
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies