New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-21-2009, 10:05

Default Re: No slip clips

if you squeeze a blob out of the tip, you should be able to just pull the dried piece out.

www.thequirkylittleboutique.com
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-21-2009, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberry View Post

Thanks Amberry for the link.
Do you know what they mean when they say the tube will create it's own "plug" that you can pull out the next time your ready to use again? Are they talking about the nozzle or the silicone tube itself??

I'm getting so confused when it's probably not that serious - LOL
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
if you squeeze a blob out of the tip, you should be able to just pull the dried piece out.
Put that's my problem, nothing will come out. And then I must be squeezing so hard that it comes out the other end b/c the silicone tube itself broke
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12

Now I'm confused LOL. I just use those "drawer liner" liners and put them in mine. No messy... no dry... is this bad to do?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
They are saying that when you snip it off and use it to just let it dry and it will seal the hole back up. When you are ready to use it again just pull off the dried off part to open it. HTH

Ok I will go buy another tube and try it.

Thanks - sorry if I'm asking to many questions regardings this but it was really frustrating me!!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTexasBazaar View Post
Now I'm confused LOL. I just use those "drawer liner" liners and put them in mine. No messy... no dry... is this bad to do?
LOL - sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone!!

I've read that ppl use those liners and some like. I just haven't tried it b/c I don't know if those are easy to pull off. I have tried that "duck" tape and I can pull those right off.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
This is what I do- I use the silicon from Wal-Mart. I have had one tube opened for several months now and just pinch off or pull out the little plug it makes for itself. I also put one of the little toothpaste squeeze it things on the tube to make it a little easier to squeeze out!

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 08-21-2009, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang1027 View Post
This is what I do- I use the silicon from Wal-Mart. I have had one tube opened for several months now and just pinch off or pull out the little plug it makes for itself. I also put one of the little toothpaste squeeze it things on the tube to make it a little easier to squeeze out!
What kind of silicone do you get from Walmart?

Oh, it's ok to leave the tube open?? I thought you had to close it so it doesn't dry out??
Old 08-21-2009, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaipai7 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I had one quick question. When you say "spread" do you mean actually spreading the silicone on the ribbon? I've just put a small "line" in the middle of the ribbon and let dry. I didn't spread it out like "jam"

I have seen it applied in just a straight line, and that works with double prong clips, I use alot of single prongs clips too though and I prefer it spread. It really seems to hold better too, IMO.

I lay down sheets of wax paper and put dots on the ribbon every 6 inchs or so then use my finger to spread the dots out. Then (and this is important) I pick up each siliconed ribbon and lay it out on freash wax paper so that when it dries all the excess doesn't dry over the edges of the ribbon.

I also like to spread it out becuase the clips lays flatter and just looks neater. I use the same method on the inside of my baby headbands. The only difference being I do not spread the silicone all over the inside of the headbands, I only spread a thin bit at 4 points, just about on the forhead, behind the ears and back of the head. It works really well.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaipai7 View Post
Thanks Amberry for the link.
Do you know what they mean when they say the tube will create it's own "plug" that you can pull out the next time your ready to use again? Are they talking about the nozzle or the silicone tube itself??

I'm getting so confused when it's probably not that serious - LOL
Every thing I have ever seen about using the silicone says that. IME it doesn't work that simply. It clogs and a blob dries inside the tube and the silicone becomes degraded and sticky.
Sponsored Links