http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-19-2009, 06:49

Default How to make this?

Saw this on one of my friends myspaces was wondering how to make it?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-19-2009, 06:58

Default Re: How to make this?

oh my....PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! Is that a bow??? It really just looks like some ribbon slapped together with an "a" in the center??? The Zebra is suppose to be a boutique bow....but could use A LOT of practice!!

Here is my suggestion... If you make bows.. Make you a Boutique bow, add some marabou, spikes, then a bigger base boutique bow, then add a clip, and straight ribbon center, and then the letter. The letter, you can buy the chip board letters in a pack at hobby lobby, or the wooden letters. Paint it to match, and add it to the center.

So sorry to sound rude, or mean, but I wouldn't even call that thing in that picture a bow. It needs some DESPERATE WORK!!! Again....please dont get offended!!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59

Oh!! 1 last thing....when cutting your spikes...Cut them at a slant, or a V. Then heat seal them. Just using a straight cut, will make them fray easier. Make sure you heat seal all of your ends though on all of your ribbon!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:00

yeah I actually couldnt figure out what it was lol
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01

What da heck is that?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:06

Oh my goodness, glad I am not the only one thinking that!! And get this...it is on a baby's head!! I bet that poor child was in some DIRE NECK PAIN!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:09

I actually got a custom order to make one just like that LOL.. I couldn't figure out how they got it to stand up like that! I will try to 1 bigger boutique for the base then a zebra smaller one for the top. Thanks for the help guys
Old 08-19-2009, 07:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by srichardson22024 View Post
I actually got a custom order to make one just like that LOL.. I couldn't figure out how they got it to stand up like that! I will try to 1 bigger boutique for the base then a zebra smaller one for the top. Thanks for the help guys
Be original and make it the way you think it looks best!!! Your work is what the person asked for...so do it your way.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20

You can make it so much better than that!! I am sure!! Just make a base with 1.5" ribbon. Then make your spikes...They only need to be about 1-1.5" longer than the bow itself.Then start to stack...Add your marabou, then your Zebra boutique, and then the straight ribbon center, and then the letter. It is really a complicated bow for a newbie (not sure how long you have been doing bows??) but you can do it..It is just time consuming.Just do 1 piece at a time, then stack how you like it. Some people put the spikes in between the base bow, and the center bow, but I put my spikes on the main back. Let us see a pic, when you have it finished!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:07

i thought the same thing, i don't even consider that a bow, it's just looks like she just slapped some ribbons together and put a bow in the middle.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies