New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-18-2008, 08:27

Default How to paint on glass??

Can anyone give me instructions for painting on glass -- I have some white plates that I want to paint a different color and then paint a design on but I am not sure of the exact details on how to do it. Is there certain paints to use, etc.....

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2008, 10:29

Default Re: How to paint on glass??

IMO, it is best to use enamel paint because glass is a nonporous surface. First clean your plate with alcohol to clean off the oils from your hands. I like to use gloves after it's clean to paint. A good enamel paint is FolkArt enamel paint. HTH
Old 01-19-2008, 09:30

Wow Thanks -- Is there a certain place to buy this -- once I paint it do you know how long I need to let it sit and dry before I paint my design on it?

Thank you so much for your help -- Do you paint?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:41

You can buy it at michaels and I believe walmart. I would go to michaels or hobby lobby first though. The directions are on the bottle of how to use it. I would bake the plate to cure the paint also. I would think paint the plate, then bake, then paint the design. I am not totally sure though. Yes, I do paint. I don't paint as much since I started making hairbows though. I do the Donna dewberry painting. I have almost every book she had put out. HTH Good luck and post a pic if you can.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:10

Thanks so much!! How long have you been making hairbows? I've been doing it for about 6 months. How did you get started in this business?

TIA
Old 01-19-2008, 06:32

Your welcome. I have been making hairbows for about 5 months. I got so tired of paying the high prices for bows and figured there has to be a cheaper way. I bought my instructions and the rest is history. How about you? What made you decide to make hairbows? Do you sell them? What kind of painting do you do? Talking about painting with you has got me in the mood to start painting again. Have you painted any hairbow holders? I know I am full questions? Sorry.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:03

Pretty much the same way - a girl in my neighborhood was making them and she had really good prices but then she put her stuff in a boutique and because she was having to pay a rental fee she had everyone start buying from there. Didn't really make much since to me but oh well so I began making them myself. I do sell them just in my local area -- Haven't really thought of a website yet -- maybe one day -- do you have a website?? Where do you sell yours at??

I don't paint much but I was watching TV the other day and I saw Donna Dewberry and I wanted to order her stuff soooooooooooooo bad but just didn't have the money so I couldn't I found some of her stuff on ebay so I might try that -- Where do you get your material from??

I have painted a hairbow holder but only one - how about you?? I would love to see pictures of your talent!! What all do you paint?? Sorry I am so full of questions too.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsarama View Post
Pretty much the same way - a girl in my neighborhood was making them and she had really good prices but then she put her stuff in a boutique and because she was having to pay a rental fee she had everyone start buying from there. Didn't really make much since to me but oh well so I began making them myself. I do sell them just in my local area -- Haven't really thought of a website yet -- maybe one day -- do you have a website?? Where do you sell yours at??

I don't paint much but I was watching TV the other day and I saw Donna Dewberry and I wanted to order her stuff soooooooooooooo bad but just didn't have the money so I couldn't I found some of her stuff on ebay so I might try that -- Where do you get your material from??

I have painted a hairbow holder but only one - how about you?? I would love to see pictures of your talent!! What all do you paint?? Sorry I am so full of questions too.
I love Donna Dewberry! I have some of her things from when she used to do QVC, now I think she does HSN. Anyway, using her techniques would make some really cute and professional bow holders. If you do some, please post pics! We'd love to see!

ISO: manners
Old 01-20-2008, 04:58

Bowsarama....I have bought some stuff from Qvc(when she was on there), some stuff from HSN, and a lot of my stuff from ebay. They have good deals on there. I have painted one bow holder myself but hoping to paint some more. I have mainly painted on glass and my mailbox. My mailbox is a sunset with black palmtrees. I am the only one around here that has one like it. When people try to find my house, I tell them to look for the orange mailbox.

Princess Babies Bowtique.....I LOVE Donna dewberry too!! Do you have pics of some stuff that you have painted? I don't know how to post pics on here yet. I would love to see what you have painted. I don't paint too much now since making bows, but I like to pull my videos out and just watch her paint. I also love watching on HSN.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycow2 View Post
Bowsarama....I have bought some stuff from Qvc(when she was on there), some stuff from HSN, and a lot of my stuff from ebay. They have good deals on there. I have painted one bow holder myself but hoping to paint some more. I have mainly painted on glass and my mailbox. My mailbox is a sunset with black palmtrees. I am the only one around here that has one like it. When people try to find my house, I tell them to look for the orange mailbox.

Princess Babies Bowtique.....I LOVE Donna dewberry too!! Do you have pics of some stuff that you have painted? I don't know how to post pics on here yet. I would love to see what you have painted. I don't paint too much now since making bows, but I like to pull my videos out and just watch her paint. I also love watching on HSN.

to post pics...when you hit the reply button, be sure to scroll ALL the way down the page. You'll see a section for "Additional Options." In that section is an area for attaching files. Click the manage attachment button and follow the rest of the instructions.

I'll have to take some pics...most of the things I have done I give away as gifts. But I'm sure I have something around here somewhere! I did some Christmas things as well, but those are packed up. I'd love to see yours! There are just too many crafts I like to do and not enough time, space or money, lol!

ISO: manners
Sponsored Links