New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
Unique ebooks, accessories, little pink ladybug

Clickin' Moms
10% off: FRIEND

ribbon sculpture tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-18-2009, 10:52
Default Re: Ot-lmgtfy

Originally Posted by britt1234 View Post
IMO I think it's funny, but I have been here for a while and have seen people come in ask 50 questions and 50 gimme's and then never share or come back to the board unless it's for an i-want post. There are stickys all over the board that can answer your questions, but some people are just to lazy to do there own research or buy instructions that the rest of us have googled, yahooed, bought or whatever else we did. It's ok to ask questions if you have done your research first. Usually if you go to the next page of posting you will find the exact same post over and over again. Ok sorry to rant.

that is exactly what i mean about funny to the people who deserve and a whole page of new posts by the same person jusking asking how to and where to find!!! you said it sooooo much better than me!

* I am a ribbon sculptor, that is what I do and how I help my family! Everything I make is freehanded. James Avery made their sculpted ribbon ring just for me !*

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30

I thought it was funny but I guess It can be taken rudely. I try to search before I post but sometimes I can't find exactly what i'm looking for, even if 50 threads on the same subject pop up. *shrug* I don't think it's really meant to be hurtful, just a reminder that hey it only takes a sec to (at least try) to google.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:56

Well, rude comments like answering by lmgtfy is one of the main reasons Im not a huge poster. I use search on here and can google all day and not find what im looking for. But I'd probably give up before asking on here, because I would be sure to get a 'use the search, or google' reply. Um, how do you know I havent been using the search and google? Now, I can understand that its frustrating when someone with 1 post, no introduction comes on the board and says "How do I make a bow"...that ticks me off too, but legitimate help-needed questions sometimes get mean replies and I'm not into participating in that kind rudeness.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06

Sometimes this site is not that easy to search and when you are trying to find something particular and the poster might have called it something else you may NEVER find it
Old 08-19-2009, 09:52

I remember the first time i came here i had never ever been on a forum. I was reading through the threads to get used to the place and find my way around. I cam across a thread where there were about 10 pages of posts. A new lady had asked a question and she literally had her head bittne off for asking a question before she introduced herself. She had her 10 month old daughter on her lap while tying so it was a short post but she apologised and explained that she had a child on her lap. What followed can only be described as cruel and i can tell you that lady has not been back on the forum. In my honest opinion the world is bloody cruel enough without us all getting our knickers in a twist over a question. Rewind back to the day you discovered this goldmine of information! I remember being overwhelmed and really really excited because i had found all these fabulous women who could actually help me if i was stuck. I love this forum so much and i consider a great deal of you friends. It just disappoints me when the newbie gets a hard time cos we were all at our first post at one time.............
Old 08-19-2009, 03:20

I have searched myself for information using search function and have gotten pages and pages and pages of wrong information. Things that had nothing to do with what I was searching for. I am the worst when it comes to keywords, etc.
I signed up for this forum way before many of you, but just came and read posts and left and went back to not coming in here to read. I have read some awesome osts by posters and have also read some that would turn off any newbie. Some people are just plain rude. Typing and trying to get your point across can be taken many ways. There is a wealth of knowledge within this forum, we all know that, and the wealth should keep flowing. I asked someone a few months ago a question thru a PM and was told I dunno, look it up on google. I never did find that information. One thing I have learned with yahoo groups and forums is do not assume people know how to use google or search functions. Cuz some people are just not savvy at it.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:09

I will agree....when I first became a member and did a lot of reading, I came across some obnoxious posts which had me intimidated to ask questions because I didn't want to be made a fool of. Some people just need quick answers instead of spending so much time trying to search it out. I know that I spent many, many, many hours on here in the beginning looking through older posts. I still don't think I have made it all the way through. This forum should first and foremost be a resource for people. That's what it is all about. People (ESPECIALLY) newcomers should be able to ask questions without fear of persecution. There is no doubt that many people on here spend countless hours doing research and don't feel so ready to offer tips to those who may seem to be taking the easy road....HOWEVER, this forum should be about a willing heart to offer any advise/tips that can make a newcomer's adventure be a little less complicated than some of ours. I am more than happy to help people to not make some of the same mistakes that I did in the beginning. If someone does not wish to share their knowledge and help, then simply don't. Bottom line, if you don't have anything nice to say.....not say anything.
Okay, that is my soapbox and now I'm getting down. Ladies, let's please keep in mind that this is not a place where people should get attacked or embarrassed.
Sponsored Links