key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-19-2008, 01:29

Default Re: How Tonya attaches bottlecaps... :)

Lake O' Hot Glue! lol!
That's a great way to attach them! Thanks for the idea....I was wondering if you have any tips on how to seal them once the picture is on...I know I've read that you should use epoxy resin, but I don't have a really well ventilated area to do it in and it's too cold outside. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-19-2008, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenhopehairbows View Post
Lake O' Hot Glue! lol!
That's a great way to attach them! Thanks for the idea....I was wondering if you have any tips on how to seal them once the picture is on...I know I've read that you should use epoxy resin, but I don't have a really well ventilated area to do it in and it's too cold outside. Any ideas?
I started out with the page pebbles, but they wouldn't stick on anything but regular paper for me and water would seep under the edge and run the ink together. So, I've been using the Envirotex Lite and really like it so far, even if I don't get the cool 3D bubble like with the page pebble stickers.

It's been chilly here too. I use a super old rusty jellypan cookiesheet thing covered in a double layer of foil with a piece of chicken wire over the top for the resin to drip through. Put my bottlecaps on top, mix the resin, pour it over and let it sit 5 minutes, blow the bubbles off the top, cover it with a box and carry the whole thing out into my garage. The smell disssipates pretty quickly and even though I did the work part of it in comfort, we don't have to smell it the whole 24 hours.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:26

Thanks for your help! I think the can with chicken wire would be a great idea, for the drip factor. I bought some really cheap epoxy mix at walmart and talked my dh into helping me try it when it was a little warmer and it was still sticky after it dried and I didn't know to blow the bubbles out!
Are they still making the page pebbles? I've looked for them everywhere and I think they've been discontinued.
Where's a good place to get the Envirotex?
Old 01-19-2008, 02:08

I just saw 12 page pebbles for $3.99 (also has 6 huge ones in the package) at JoAnn's this morning! They're with the scrapping stickers, at the bottom and are the JoAnn's Scrap Essentials brand. Our Wal-Mart has the EK Success ones now too - those are what I have and they just wouldn't stick for me, much to my disappointment. I really liked how they looked too.

I got the Envirotex Lite when Hobby Lobby had a 40% off coupon on their internet site a week or two ago. The package was originally something like $24.99, so that helped a lot. It should take me a loooong time to go through that much resin, but that stuff can make your buying total skyrocket pretty fast.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:57

p.s. - I just discovered something else good to do - spray the chicken wire with non-stick cooking spray so the caps don't get stuck to it as much.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:54

Hi Tonya,
do u have a template u use to print your designs on?? i've seen where some other forums have a premade circular template that fits like 48 images per page. i have a hard time getting my px to the correct size,, and some that i get from yahoo & google images get all pixaly looking...is there something i am doing wrong?? do i need to change something before I print??
what type of adhesive do u use to glue your images to the bottle caps and do u use an adhesive on top of them before u pour on your envirotex lite??? has anyone ever use diamond glaze??
all of your instructions are so wonderfullllllllllllll!!!! u do such an awesome job....thanks for all of your hard work..
Old 01-20-2008, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanjaysmom View Post
Hi Tonya,
do u have a template u use to print your designs on?? i've seen where some other forums have a premade circular template that fits like 48 images per page. i have a hard time getting my px to the correct size,, and some that i get from yahoo & google images get all pixaly looking...is there something i am doing wrong?? do i need to change something before I print??
what type of adhesive do u use to glue your images to the bottle caps and do u use an adhesive on top of them before u pour on your envirotex lite??? has anyone ever use diamond glaze??
all of your instructions are so wonderfullllllllllllll!!!! u do such an awesome job....thanks for all of your hard work..
Hi there, I don't use a template - I just make the graphics in my graphic program and copy them into Word since it has the handy-dandy rulers along the edges so I can estimate if I have them sized right. I think it's easier to instantly resize in Word. Usually images will only get 'pixely' if you are doing a drastic reduction, or if they were smaller to begin with than what you needed. This can also be affected by how many pixels per inch you have set for your graphic program. I'm weird and mainly do all the graphic stuff by 'eyeballing' it. Not very accurate, but it works for me.

I've been using a double sided adhesive sheet I found at the scrapbooking store to put the pics on the (cleaned) caps - just use my 1" hole punch to cut round pieces of it. Then I stick it on the pic and then stick my newly made sticker on the cap. No adhesive needed before the Envirotex Lite - it's like a pourable varnish.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:57

Thanks Tonya..
You Have The Most Helpful Hints,,,thanks For Your Creative Talents:d
Old 01-20-2008, 11:19

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:10

This works great!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg