New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-14-2009, 10:47

Default Glue

My bows/embelishments kept falling off of my clips so I got a high temp. glue gun and it is still happening. What am I doing wrong?? I tried using E6000 but the smell gives me a headache, and I can not handle it even if I use it outside. Any suggestion?!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-14-2009, 10:52

Default Re: Glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytaycrys View Post
My bows/embelishments kept falling off of my clips so I got a high temp. glue gun and it is still happening. What am I doing wrong?? I tried using E6000 but the smell gives me a headache, and I can not handle it even if I use it outside. Any suggestion?!
What kind of ribbon and embellishments?

I use hot glue and you gotta get the item on the RIGHT AWAY when the glue is at its hottest
Old 08-14-2009, 10:56

some embellishment just have to have E-6000... nothing else adheres like it...

get a filtermask to wear from the hardwear store... and suck it up J/K
Old 08-14-2009, 10:56

Use the hot glue at the highest temperature, when it is still fresh and hot. Also, make sure your glue sticks are high temperature glue sticks. I like Adhesive Tech, and have been using their glue sticks and glue guns for years. Also, make sure all edges of the embellishment are held in place, with firm pressure, for several seconds. Simply putting glue on the clip and sticking the embellishment on there will not make it secure. Give it a good squeeze! HTH!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:23

I just discovered something about E6000. I came across several bows
I had made about 3 months ago that were glued to the ribbon lined clip with E6000. To see if they were still stuck on good I pulled on the ribbon lining the clip. Much to my surprise it came right off. The glue was brittle and was not stuck much at all.
This upsets me because I thought E6000 was like a forever glue.
That tells me that anything I made using E6000 months ago is probably falling apart!
And that does not make me happy. I know I used a new tube of glue because I had just started making bows and that is all I used.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:27

I have never had to use e6000 for anything other than bottle caps that have the plastic in the middle
Old 08-14-2009, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittybows View Post
Use the hot glue at the highest temperature, when it is still fresh and hot. Also, make sure your glue sticks are high temperature glue sticks. I like Adhesive Tech, and have been using their glue sticks and glue guns for years. Also, make sure all edges of the embellishment are held in place, with firm pressure, for several seconds. Simply putting glue on the clip and sticking the embellishment on there will not make it secure. Give it a good squeeze! HTH!

i completely agree. i use the gun at the hottest setting and i use this glue gun, which i love. (just found a site with it)

http://www.scrapfriends.us/adtech_ultimategluegun.html
Old 08-14-2009, 03:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniCA View Post
I had made about 3 months ago that were glued to the ribbon lined clip with E6000. To see if they were still stuck on good I pulled on the ribbon lining the clip. Much to my surprise it came right off. The glue was brittle and was not stuck much at all.
That tells me that anything I made using E6000 months ago is probably falling apart!
And that does not make me happy. I know I used a new tube of glue because I had just started making bows and that is all I used.
That is very disconcerting. Kind of like what I felt when I discovered Fabri-Tac didn't last either. I just started getting into the e6000 for my embellished flip flops. I don't want to worry that things will fall off after I sell them! I guess the best way to be certain something won't fall off is to sew it on. But even that is not feasible sometimes.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:57

I did this too and mine fell apart also! I stopped using E6000 when my first tube ran out and only use the hot glue or Jewel-it for rhinestones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniCA View Post
Old 08-14-2009, 04:00

Fabric-Tac doesn't last either! I hand sew everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
That is very disconcerting. Kind of like what I felt when I discovered Fabri-Tac didn't last either. I just started getting into the e6000 for my embellished flip flops. I don't want to worry that things will fall off after I sell them! I guess the best way to be certain something won't fall off is to sew it on. But even that is not feasible sometimes.
Sponsored Links