New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-11-2009, 10:46

Default Crochet headband tutu dress.

I am getting ready to attempt my very first one and I was just curious if anyone had any tricks or tips for me? I get the general idea how to do it...very similar to making just a regular tied tutu but I am just worried its not going to turn out quite as great as the ones I have seen you girls make on here so any advice would be great!

TIA
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:07

Default Re: Crochet headband tutu dress.

its really easy my biggest tip is to layer layer layer tie one layer on the bottom and 2nd layer on top to give it the "poof" dont forget to play with the colour combos and add fun stuff like ribbon strands, gems, anything you feel with give it a personal touch that no one else does make it long-ball gown lenght but not so she trips over it she should be able to run around in it without tripping tie on shoulder strap ribbons and your all set to go have fun!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28

I am trying one also... I should have it finished today and will post a pic. I am taking a 6" headband, folding it in half and stitching it. I should be able to do a layer of tulle on the inside and outside of the headband which should make it a little fuller...we shall see.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:19

Where did you get your 5.5 inch crochet headbands? I am looking for an orange one and can't find one anywhere!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15

what size do you think these headbands fit?? Just a baby, or is there a way to get them a little bigger??
Old 08-13-2009, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforcemom View Post
what size do you think these headbands fit?? Just a baby, or is there a way to get them a little bigger??
I've been wondering the same thing! My dd is almost 14 months old and I would love to make her one like these.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:05

How do you do these? Do you just use one piece of tulle at a time and go through the little holes of the crocheted headband?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:01

I made one and displayed it in my store and got several requests for more. My plan is to sew two headbands together to make a larger one. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:01

I thought about sewing two headbands together to make it bigger; however, won't that cause the headbands to unravel??
Old 08-15-2009, 10:57

I also want to try one of these! If anyone can post a pic so I can see how it turns out that would be great!!! I saw one a while ago and it was just adorable and I thought it couldnt be to hard I just had a baby so Im going to get back into the swing of things hopefully in the next few weeks.
Sponsored Links