Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-03-2009, 09:42
Default Pigtail Korkers

I am making a few pigtail korker sets for a friend. Her little girl is 3 and does not have a ton of hair. But my question is how many pieces should I put in each korker? She wants them on the smaller side, and I was going to use 2.5" pieces. I am afraid they won't look right if I put fewer pieces in and I just want them to be cute.

Also any advice on how to cut to shape the korkers after sewing them? I am afraid I will ruin it if I do it, but I would love to pratice using a korker bow I made for my daughter. Do most people cut after to shape them?

Thanks for the advice.

Avery Bug's Bow-tique
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 10:37
Default Re: Pigtail Korkers

You could try them with thinner ribbon? My mini Korkers are still pretty full. I make them with 3/8 and I cut them between 2-2.5in and I heat seal everything before putting it together (using 30ish pieces or more) and then if there are so pieces out of place i trim and re-heat seal. Then i just started starching and re-baking after hth.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:06

I've seen some made with as few as 5 korker peices and they have centers on them like regular bows. You can always try that if you don't want them to be overpowering.

I personally cut my ribbon in 2.5" peices and heat seal the ends. I do not cut them after that because I like that style. Some people like it to be more of a puff and trim their peices later. It's a preference thing, I think.

Good luck and post a pic with your creation!!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:39

I've done barrettes with the corker bow using lined clippies. I only had to use 3 corkers and I make them a little longer than the length of the clippie. They are perfect for my youngest DD as she is not quite 1 and great for when my older DD's just want barrettes without huge bows
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29

I have made my daughters with only 8 pieces of korker ribbon and they look good. I cut them at 3 inches, but she has more hair. I started cutting at 2 or 2.5 inches and those look better plus you get more korker pieces out of one dowel.
I used to make the bow and then cut and seal, but I couldn't always find what I had done, especially if it was a thicker bow. Now I shape and seal before making it into a bow.
I tried starching them before I made them, but some lost shape when I worked with them. Does anyone have any tips?

Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting