http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-03-2009, 01:03

Default Headband and tutu display *pics added)

I saw someone on here who made a headband display from PVC attached to a board with l brackets. I used that idea to make a headband display which worked perfectly. I got a square piece of from home depot and had them cut it in half. I then had them cut half of the half in half again so I had 3 pieces. The two smaller pieces my dh attached a piece of pre-cut pvc to with L brackets are covered with shelf liner and I painted the base white. I'm either going to crackle paint pink over the white or add fabric to the bottom. The headbands fit on it perfectly.

I bought some of the tutu & wings gift sets from HH and needed a way to display a set so we used the same idea to make a tutu display. With the half piece of wood he attached a precut PVC in the largest size we could find at home depot. Again I painted the base, draped fabric over the pvc pipe and am using it for a tutu display. I put the tutu on over the fabric,attached two large safety pins to the front and used them to hold a set of fairy wings, put a ribbon halo on top, slid the ribbon wand down into the waistband of the tutu, and clipped the two butterfly clips to the fabric. You could use it to hold multiple short tutus or tutu sets. It turned out great!

The base

The display

With the material and items on it

Thanks to whoever shared how they made their headband display!

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away

Last edited by Ste1977; 08-03-2009 at 05:47.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 01:49

Default Re: Headband and tutu display

That sounds great! I would love to see pictures.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:12

would like to see a pic too
Old 08-03-2009, 05:50

Added pictures to the first thread

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 08-03-2009, 05:58

I'm gonna have to try Nicole's instructions too! Or maybe I'll want them to fill up space on my grid walls-lol. I like the idea of having them at the front of the booth though.
Sponsored Links