http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-16-2008, 04:36

Default Can you make this for me......

Hey everyone, I am putting my DD in her first pageant, the natural...no Glitz...I see so many cute lil custom outfits online, but thought I would check here first to see if anyone is interested in making something for her....I am no sewer...yet that is...lol...She will need size 6 months as it is in march....
Let me know or email me some pics....also, I see a lot of cute outfits on you can make this.....
let me know
Tina
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-17-2008, 11:29

Default Re: Can you make this for me......

of course i would pay for the outfit...lol, forgot to add that
Old 01-17-2008, 08:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
Hey everyone, I am putting my DD in her first pageant, the natural...no Glitz...I see so many cute lil custom outfits online, but thought I would check here first to see if anyone is interested in making something for her....I am no sewer...yet that is...lol...She will need size 6 months as it is in march....
Let me know or email me some pics....also, I see a lot of cute outfits on you can make this.....
let me know
Tina
If you don't mind me asking, what pageant will she be in? Also what are you looking to have made? The pageant we participate in doesn't allow custom or hand made outfits except for the holiday wear category. So I always break down and buy the expensive clothes for my grands and make them something that I am able to for the holiday wear. If I knew what you needed I may be able to give you some ideas.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:38

If anyone is willing, I would also possible be interested in having some custom outfits made for my DD.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrascmom View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what pageant will she be in? Also what are you looking to have made? The pageant we participate in doesn't allow custom or hand made outfits except for the holiday wear category. So I always break down and buy the expensive clothes for my grands and make them something that I am able to for the holiday wear. If I knew what you needed I may be able to give you some ideas.
Its the NES sweetheart pageant in CT, not really sure, I am almost positive that she can wear custom made, its the natrual one...gonna check and get back to you....
Tina
Old 01-18-2008, 01:34

I was just looking at the website, I did not see anything...here it is
NES Pageants, Pageant System, Pageant Links, Crowns, Sashes, Photo Contest
I was thinking the Casual Wear of outfit of choice...something cute with lots of ribbon.....this is our first so I am really not sure....what do you think....for a baby...I am not trying to put her in a bikini...lol
Tina
Old 01-18-2008, 08:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
I was just looking at the website, I did not see anything...here it is
NES Pageants, Pageant System, Pageant Links, Crowns, Sashes, Photo Contest
I was thinking the Casual Wear of outfit of choice...something cute with lots of ribbon.....this is our first so I am really not sure....what do you think....for a baby...I am not trying to put her in a bikini...lol
Tina
I checked out the website, and for the natural beauty it is supposed to be off the rack. But for optionals I am assuming you can do anything, because it doesn't say. At the couple naturals that I have been to, gymboree is popular for casual wear. But if you want something alot more fun, you should check out Kashmir Moon's tye dye outfits. I was just looking and wish that I would have known about her before my grand's christmas pageant. Some of her outfits would have been good ones for the holiday wear. If you want to get some ideas you could look at the website of the pageant company we attend. It is heavenlyangelspageant.com. She also has a myspace with alot more photos that could give you some ideas. I am not sure what that link is, but she is under Grace-Heavenly Angels. Hope that helps and I'll keep thinking about somthing you could do.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:35

how do you find pagents? i would love to put the girls in one--but it also might make me lose my head

Old 01-18-2008, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
how do you find pagents? i would love to put the girls in one--but it also might make me lose my head
We actually discoverd the pageants we attend by accident at a city celebration. But I think that if you search it you should be able find something. Also you should decide on if you want to do natural or glitz when searching. Glitz can be costly as can be natural. But I think when you get into buying clothes, the natural seems to be least expensive.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
We only do "Fair and Festival Pageants". These are all natural pageants that focus on the childs personality and beauty. Not just beauty. I much prefer that. It is all focused on good sportsmanship, etc. No way like Glitz. They are also more affordable. Most pageants are Sunday's Best (Smocked Clothing), so you buy one dress for the season and wear it numerous times! You also have casual wear themed pageants though. For instance, we have a MArdi Gras pageant in Feb. In Louisiana, we have a website: Louisiana Association of Fairs and Festivals Home Page Not sure about other states. HTH!
Hey-- y'all wish us luck, I just found out there are 17 2-3 year olds in my daughters group Saturday at her pageant!! EEEEKKKK!!!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif