printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-29-2009, 10:45

Red face Full tutu without stretching elastic??

I love to make tutus full and puffy, but it seems that for me to get it that way I have to put my stips of tulle close together on the elastic to get as much on there as possible. When I do this, the elastic stretches way too much. Is there any trick to doing this without overextending the elastic or is there as certain type of elastic I should be using? Thanks!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 10:52

Default Re: Full tutu without stretching elastic??

You said strips, so I'm guessing you are using the 6 inch rolls and not a bolt...Layer them....instead of tying on 1 piece at a time layer 2-3 pieces and tie it.

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileypiesmom View Post
I love to make tutus full and puffy, but it seems that for me to get it that way I have to put my stips of tulle close together on the elastic to get as much on there as possible. When I do this, the elastic stretches way too much. Is there any trick to doing this without overextending the elastic or is there as certain type of elastic I should be using? Thanks!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24

Thanks!!! I'll have to try that.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectsomethings View Post
You said strips, so I'm guessing you are using the 6 inch rolls and not a bolt...Layer them....instead of tying on 1 piece at a time layer 2-3 pieces and tie it.

HTH
I do this too - I usually use about 3 peices and I still have issues with the elastic stretching too much. Irritates me to NO END...and yes, I cut about 4 inches off of the original measurements and I still end up with a tutu that is too big. I usually have to 'take up' more and sew it to get the right size.

Amy
www.customcreationsbyamy.com
Old 08-01-2009, 05:48

i just posted on another thread, but try using square knots instead of the looped knots the tutorials tell you to use, and don't pull them so tight, leave enough space to slip your finger under the knot. i don't care for the look of the tutu where the elastic is so i'll be wrapping mine with ribbon. i usually make my tutus on ribbon instead cause i can get them nice and tight and full, but i wanted to try elastic one more time. hope this helps!

-marcella
http://mxrod4.etsy.com
Sponsored Links