New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-28-2009, 11:29

Default Cheer Bow Order

Okay my cheer bow making buddies. Tonight I have a meeting with one of our local cheer organizations. It is potentially a 200+ bow order. Then another on Saturday with a different local organization for possibly another 100+ bows. Can you tell cheer season is right around the corner?

Let the bow making fun begin!!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2009, 11:58

Default Re: Cheer Bow Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
Okay my cheer bow making buddies. Tonight I have a meeting with one of our local cheer organizations. It is potentially a 200+ bow order. Then another on Saturday with a different local organization for possibly another 100+ bows. Can you tell cheer season is right around the corner?

Let the bow making fun begin!!!!
Wow thats great! Do you take sample pack for the to keep ( I always do) then I also offer them my whole sale prices for 50 or more cheers bow! Wish you luck... maken a order of 46 right now lol
Old 07-28-2009, 12:06

Tonight's meeting is with the organization my DD cheers for. I have created a ribbon swatch pack in their colors that includes the plain and polka dot ribbons in various sizes and sequin dot fabric as well. I have about 9 or 10 sample bows created in their colors including two pigtail sets. That way they can either choose one of those or create their own. I offer volume discounts for teams based on total purchase price of bows.

Thanks for the wish of luck! I think I'm gonna need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyboo1102 View Post
Wow thats great! Do you take sample pack for the to keep ( I always do) then I also offer them my whole sale prices for 50 or more cheers bow! Wish you luck... maken a order of 46 right now lol
Old 07-28-2009, 01:14

Wow! You're gonna be rolling in sequins and heat n bond before you know it!

I would be interested in seeing pics of all you cheerbow makers' cheer bows along with prices and discount prices....think we could swing that? I based most of my pricing on what I found on the net, but I think I'm pricing them too low. What are your prices?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:37

Here is the most recent pic of cheer bows I have made. The most expensive bow shown in this pic is $12.00. I have added a significant amount of bows since then, but have managed to keep my prices below $15. I'll take some pics of the newer ones and send on in the next couple of days.

As far as pricing goes, I charge a flat rate of $3.00 labor when working with plain grosgrain and $5.00 when working with sequin or spandex materials. Then I usually charge $1.00 per color of grosgrain used and $2.00 for each sequins color. Lastly, I charge an additional $1.00 for any heat n bond, pony-o and ribbon middle. Does that make any sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespotteddot View Post
Wow! You're gonna be rolling in sequins and heat n bond before you know it!

I would be interested in seeing pics of all you cheerbow makers' cheer bows along with prices and discount prices....think we could swing that? I based most of my pricing on what I found on the net, but I think I'm pricing them too low. What are your prices?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CheerBows2.jpg (94.4 KB, 174 views)
Old 07-28-2009, 02:19

Thank you! So do you charge a dollar for the pony o, knot, and heat n bond, EACH or a dollar for all three together?

Quote:
Here is the most recent pic of cheer bows I have made. The most expensive bow shown in this pic is $12.00. I have added a significant amount of bows since then, but have managed to keep my prices below $15. I'll take some pics of the newer ones and send on in the next couple of days.

As far as pricing goes, I charge a flat rate of $3.00 labor when working with plain grosgrain and $5.00 when working with sequin or spandex materials. Then I usually charge $1.00 per color of grosgrain used and $2.00 for each sequins color. Lastly, I charge an additional $1.00 for any heat n bond, pony-o and ribbon middle. Does that make any sense?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:32

That's all three together. I love making bows and I probably don't charge enough compared to other sites I've researched, but I guess it's more about offering a quality product at what I consider a fair price. Especially in these economic times.

Quote:
Thank you! So do you charge a dollar for the pony o, knot, and heat n bond, EACH or a dollar for all three together?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:43

Cute bows!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:27

Quote:

So, for example, if you were figuring out what to change for your bow on the lower left, you would charge
$5 labor (since working with sequins)
$2 for 2 grosgrain colors
$2 for 1 sequin color (or do you charge for 3 grosgrain since the sequins are bonded to one?)
$1 for the pony o/heat n bond/center

So that bow would be roughly $10.

Not trying to copy, just trying to get ideas on how to price. Thank you SO much!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:38

That's absolutely right. I adjust here and there. Sometimes when looking at a bow I wonder if it would really be worth it to me to purchase it. If not, I knock a dollar off. But you have the general idea. Hope that helped.
Quote:
So, for example, if you were figuring out what to change for your bow on the lower left, you would charge
$5 labor (since working with sequins)
$2 for 2 grosgrain colors
$2 for 1 sequin color (or do you charge for 3 grosgrain since the sequins are bonded to one?)
$1 for the pony o/heat n bond/center

So that bow would be roughly $10.

Not trying to copy, just trying to get ideas on how to price. Thank you SO much!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg