http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-24-2009, 12:24

Default hairspray for stiffiner??

ok so I was reading a few posts and saw that some of you use hairspray for stiffiner, if so does it work as well as whatever else there is.. lol Im just getting started and I have no idea what to use or how to use it. my husband picked up some hairspray for me to try and Im not sure if it matters what kind is it either.
ok so if ya would could you tell me what you use and how to use it...
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 12:27

Default Re: hairspray for stiffiner??

I use whatever I have one hand ~ Aussie Freeze Spray right now. It definitely stiffens it up . . . without making it hard as a rock. It's a great alternative to fabric stiffener.

Good luck!!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:33

Someone suggested it to me, and I've just been using some cheap-o stuff I had already and it works great! I just spray it on. With Korkers i've sprayed before baking and after and both work well, you have to watch it with white ribbon because i've had it leave a few rust looking spots (maybe i baked too long or too hot?) its only happened once or twice though. gl.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:42

thank you!! hubby bought me Aqua net so hopefully it will work for me. Im having my daughters 3rd birthday party tomorrow and she wants Belle on her cake so I am going to attempt the Belle clippie for her and maybe the other little girls that come... we will see cause Im doing the cake and I am doing something Ive never done before... a 2 teired cake with a barbie cake on top... oh my what am i thinking?? so far I have the bottom 2 done getting ready to put the barbie dress in the oven.. with me luck...
Old 07-24-2009, 12:56

Aqua Net is my most favorite. Suave and White Rain don't seem to do as well. I have always used the pump spray, but the last time I went to buy Aqua Net they only had the aerosol can. At first I didn't like it, but now I love it in the can. It seems to spray a lot more evenly, and not as much comes out as in the pump bottle.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 07-24-2009, 01:03

Great!! and it was the cheapest thats always a good thing. I cant wait to get this cake baked so i can run to town and buy some ribbon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgarrido View Post
Aqua Net is my most favorite. Suave and White Rain don't seem to do as well. I have always used the pump spray, but the last time I went to buy Aqua Net they only had the aerosol can. At first I didn't like it, but now I love it in the can. It seems to spray a lot more evenly, and not as much comes out as in the pump bottle.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:23

I LOVE using hairspray. Some people say it makes the bows sticky, but I spray a lot on and I've NEVER had them become sticky. (Now, if they got rained on they might be sticky until they dried again.) I want to try the stiffen stuff, but haven't gotten around to buying any. I also like the aerosol. I think it sprays more evenly and lighter. (I like to put on several light coats instead of one heavy coat.) I use Rave 4x.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:56

Just a thought, but ribbon is made to be flame retardent. Wouldn't adding hairspray make them flammable....
Old 07-24-2009, 04:56

i use hairspray as well; i use whatever i have on hand, but i definitely prefer aerosol cans rather than pump spray.

Norma ~!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:23

I'm no expert, but I made a layered bow this week and read on here (after searching some posts) that people said they like to spray with starch, bake, then spray with hairspray. I did that and it really stiffened up nicely without being rock hard! I just used the regular spray starch and used the hairspray I had on hand, Paul Mitchell Freeze & Shine. I don't use a lot of hairspray on my hair so it lasts me FOREVER when I buy it and i have a HUGE bottle of that & didn't want to go out & buy hairspray when I already had some.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.