Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   What are you doing for Labeling Requirement? (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/27342-what-you-doing-labeling-requirement.html)

mamu'spretties 07-21-2009 10:18

What are you doing for Labeling Requirement?

I was just wondering what everyone has planned for the labeling requirement(CPSIA)? I searched over on etsy and could really find anything specific to bows.
The law states it must be permanently affixed to the product, and minimumly include a way to contact(best I can understand).

Harpersmommy 07-22-2009 12:22

Re: What are you doing for Labeling Requirement?

Fashion Incubator Blog Archive CPSIA and tracking label requirements I found this website but I am totally confused still. I had no idea about this. :confused:

thespotteddot 07-22-2009 07:48

HUH? Labeling Requirement? I"M LOST!

SweetTexasBazaar 07-22-2009 08:27

I had no idea about this either. Hmmm...

mamu'spretties 07-22-2009 08:57

The way I take it, everything manufactured(yes thats us) for a child under 12 must have a label stating who, when, lot/batch number. We also have to keep logs of the lot/batch numbers that includes every color, supply, etc on it, so that if there is ever a problem, we can find the info for that exact clip. I know this is BS but.... those suit guys think this is the way to go.

THis labeling requirement takes effect the first part of August, I think the 10th.

THis label has to be permanent on the item! Wheres that going to go on our hair bows?

mothermayi 07-22-2009 09:00

Hair accessories are exempt from labeling.

I'll try to find a specific link to that part of the law.

mamu'spretties 07-22-2009 09:05

Mother - please!!! You may have just made my day!!!:):)

I have been stressing out about this. I have a big craft show at the end of august and I was wondering how i was going to get all of the stuff labeled.

mothermayi 07-22-2009 09:13

I'm trying to find it now. I know that I saw it somewhere on the official site, so I haven't worried about it since....Now I see that for hair ornaments you can label the packaging, and not the item itself.

I'll keep looking!

thespotteddot 07-22-2009 09:43

WOW! That would be a PAIN in the rump~!

kglee 07-22-2009 09:49

That would be a real pain to label the itty bitty clippies!!!! That would just make things even more complicated!!! I soooo hope that it doesn't apply to hair accessories!!!