Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-27-2009, 08:48

Default Re: What are you doing for Labeling Requirement?

I know what you are saying about labeling the card. The first thing I would do is throw out the card. Maybe after I checked out their website and saved it, but maybe not.
I have no idea how to be able to track and prove that that is your creation once the customer has bought it. Esp if you make several of the same bows in the same color. I know the quality isnt the same, but who's to say that if a bow is ever questioned, that it came from a mass marketer/store? We cannot prove that is our bow.
Do we need to keep a photo diary??? I HATE the CPSIA and the vagueness of the whole thing!!!!!!!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
To me it means that we don't need to include lot/batch numbers on our labels. But that if a item was brought back to us and asked about we need to know exactly what was used and where it came from. How you do that is up to you. I started a notebook.
I don't get how that will help. If your label is on your card and the person throws it away, how are you going to know which lot it was from? For instance I might make a batch of purple bows with RABOM ribbon in July and then in August another batch with purple ribbon from TRR. If a bow is brought back without the card all of the work done documenting is pretty much pointless because there is no way to tell when it was made
Old 08-27-2009, 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyfuny View Post
I don't get how that will help. If your label is on your card and the person throws it away, how are you going to know which lot it was from? For instance I might make a batch of purple bows with RABOM ribbon in July and then in August another batch with purple ribbon from TRR. If a bow is brought back without the card all of the work done documenting is pretty much pointless because there is no way to tell when it was made

I don't get it either, but I'm just trying to follow the law. I've decided to number my items and just handwrite that number on the card. It's not my fault if the buyer doesn't keep the card I guess? I dunno, it's dumb all the way around!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 08-27-2009, 01:59

I have no problems following the law. It is just confusing. I was in the process of possibly changing my site over to a new host and revamping it. Now I am not sure what to do.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:08

I still can't wrap my head around the labeling requirement. I produce bows in small amounts. Often, it is just one or two bows at a time. How can I keep track of batch numbers?

How can I permanently label a bow? Iron-on transfers aren't permanent labeling. It can wear off pretty easily. It isn't feasible to screen print the ribbon, and few screen print inks comply to the law.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:12

I just want to be sure I understand this, though I'm not sure anyone can 100% the way its written.

Anyway, we need on the packaging:
Name, address, and date made/some code that indicates the bows make in whatever way is easier for us to keep track of.

Furthermore, we have to have certificates for all the pieces we are using in the bow on file, also having records of every bow with aformentioned code.

My question is this: What about ribbon that is bought at Michael's, or Walmart, or Hobby Lobby? I have ribbon from all places, do not have exact dates I purchased them, and don't have certificates. Can they not be used?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults