5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-23-2009, 06:04

Default Re: What are you doing for Labeling Requirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamu'spretties View Post
From the manufacturer - if you are lucky enough to get them to respond. I know alot of ladies have gotten GCC's but I have called and emailed several companies with no response.

It would be great if we could start a thread that has the GCC's listed if everyone that has them would be nice enough to share them.
I just emailed Sally's about this yesterday. I was thinking of having the clips tested locally if I didn't get any answers from them.

From what I read on the website regarding the law, I am pretty sure ribbons (being a textile) are exempt from testing. I hope that is the case!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglee View Post
I have tried contacting sally's through the Brentwood Beauty Labs, Int'l where the clips are distributed from and to get the certificate the recording said to call 1-800-777-5706 ext. 5910, which is Stephanie Taylor and I have a left a couple of messages and still nothing but I will try again tomorrow and see what I can come up with and let ya'll know

I use RABOM & TRR a lot and they have theirs on their sites
RABOM
TRR(at the very bottom in bold)

I also have a couple others I believe but they are printed out....I will look through my mess of a desk and see if I can see which ones they are.

I think a thread with all of this info would be a great idea too!
I will keep in touch with ya on this subject & I bet between all of us we can get it all together! Thanks ladies
Okay Ladies....I finally got in touch with Stephanie Taylor (see above) and she said that they are the distributor and she is sending me an email and cc'ing the manufacturer with all of their info as well as all of my info that she got from me. She said that is how they are going about getting the letters out and said that way the manufacturer knows to contact me or that I will be contacting them for this info. She said that I should get this letter via email probably on Monday (she will be out tomorrow) and we will see from there. I will keep you posted on the progress and as soon as I get it (hopefully) I will definately let ya'll know and share it with you!!! If anyone else manages to get one before pleeeaaase let us know
Old 07-23-2009, 04:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I just emailed Sally's about this yesterday. I was thinking of having the clips tested locally if I didn't get any answers from them.

From what I read on the website regarding the law, I am pretty sure ribbons (being a textile) are exempt from testing. I hope that is the case!
Textiles are exempt, which includes ribbon, HOWEVER if the ribbon has any print on it that is stamped (basically anything that isn't woven right in), ie, dots and patterns, then they have to be tested to make sure the paint used doesn't have lead.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:58

Way to go Krista - I hope it pans out and we get an answer! You have gotten so much further than I have.

I use a small amount of printed ribbon occasionally so that we be an issue, but I can just stop using it.

I have tried to focus my pretties on being nearly OOAK, I dont buy my ribbon in bulk so avoiding the printed ones (which sometimes arent that great quality anyhow) wont be to much of an issue.

I know that hot glue is okay from what I have read. As long as it is ASDM certified. I think that is what it is, I dont have one here in front of me !
Basically Non-toxic
Old 07-24-2009, 02:59

Only Natural fibers are exempt

that lists the following as excluded:
  • Precious Gemstones: Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
  • Certain semiprecious gemstones, defined as any of many minerals and other materials commonly used to make jewelry and other adornments o Provided that the mineral or material is not based on lead or lead compounds and is not associated in nature with any mineral that is based on lead or lead compounds; minerals that contain lead or are associated in nature with minerals that contain lead include, but are not limited to, the following: Aragonite, Bayldonite, Boleite, Cerussite, Crocoite, Linarite, Mimetite, Phosgenite, Vandinite, and Wulfenite
  • Natural or cultured Pearls
  • Wood
  • Natural fibers, including cotton, silk, wool, hemp, flax, and linen
  • Other natural materials including coral, amber, feathers, fur, and untreated leather
Now obviously, I am thrilled over this and plan on having a nice celebration should it actually pass. The problem with it for others, however, is that these exemptions are pre-empted with this statement:
[This exemption only applies] to a material that is untreated and unadulterated by the addition of materials or chemicals including pigments, dyes, coatings, finishes or any other substance, and has not undergone any processing that could result in lead content that exceeds CPSIA lead limits.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:35

Okay ladies....I have the certificates for the clips from Sally's!!! Should I post it on here.....start a new thread with it in the title.....or email me & I will forward it to you??
Old 07-28-2009, 05:40

I would love an email! My address is [email protected]. Thanks for sharing the info you have found.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:17

Quote:
Okay ladies....I have the certificates for the clips from Sally's!!! Should I post it on here.....start a new thread with it in the title.....or email me & I will forward it to you??
I think you should start a new thread with an appropriate title and attach it in the post. Otherwise your fingers may end up falling off from forwarding it!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:02

Betsy...that is a great idea So that is what I did! Here is the link to the new thread that I started for the certificates....

**Certificates**
Old 07-28-2009, 07:05

Quote:
I just got my email from Sally's today too! I would have posted something on here but I was crazy busy today cleaning like a mad woman.

I am relieved that I have that documentation now since I just bought a box of 100!
Sponsored Links