Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-22-2009, 03:57

Default Re: What are you doing for Labeling Requirement?

I found it (what mothermayi was refering to). In black and white ink!!! Written by the law makers!!!
"If a product surface would be impossible to mark permanently such as those made of elastics, beads, small pieces of fabric (such as jewelry, hair ornaments, etc.), or craft items like pipe stems, or natural rocks."
I found this on page 5 of this document: http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/sect103policy.pdf

I also read in the same article:
"Small volume manufacturers and crafters may be unlikely to use lot, batch or run numbers, and, again, the Commission does not interpret Section 103(a) to require them to create such a system. Nevertheless, reasonable practices should be in place by such manufacturers to keep records of components used in their products."

I suppose if you have consistent suppliers of your clips, ribbons and glue, etc than you should be fine. I haven't decided if I should try and keep a photographic journal with the bows I make so that I can say, "I used x,x,x and x to make this hair bow." Really the only thing that changes for me is the manufacturer of my ribbons and embellishments. I always use the same glue and clips.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2009, 04:04

So you just need to keep a log of it only? Do we need to place an insert on our websites saying that our stuff is compliant?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
So you just need to keep a log of it only? Do we need to place an insert on our websites saying that our stuff is compliant?
I have thought about doing that....once I finally get on there and get it going . I have been letting my customers know that I do have certificates from the parts that are tested that I use and most of them look at me like I have lost it! Most of them, well almost all of them, don't have any earthly idea what I am even talking about lol! Goes to show how much people are really worried about it I guess.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:19

I know what you mean about people looking at you like your crazy. People have no idea this is a law.
Do you happen to have a cert for sallys single prong clips? I cant get any answers through any of the companies. Would you share if you have it????
Old 07-22-2009, 06:25

Where do we get the certificates from and do we need a different one for each item (ribbon, clips, glue, etc)?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40

From the manufacturer - if you are lucky enough to get them to respond. I know alot of ladies have gotten GCC's but I have called and emailed several companies with no response.

It would be great if we could start a thread that has the GCC's listed if everyone that has them would be nice enough to share them.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamu'spretties View Post
From the manufacturer - if you are lucky enough to get them to respond. I know alot of ladies have gotten GCC's but I have called and emailed several companies with no response.

It would be great if we could start a thread that has the GCC's listed if everyone that has them would be nice enough to share them.
That would be very nice and helpful.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:15

I use a ton of vintage buttons and ribbon...I'm sure that stuff is not compliant. Any thoughts on how to manage those items?

www.mycutiepea.etsy.com
Old 07-23-2009, 12:14

I have tried contacting sally's through the Brentwood Beauty Labs, Int'l where the clips are distributed from and to get the certificate the recording said to call 1-800-777-5706 ext. 5910, which is Stephanie Taylor and I have a left a couple of messages and still nothing but I will try again tomorrow and see what I can come up with and let ya'll know

I use RABOM & TRR a lot and they have theirs on their sites
RABOM
TRR(at the very bottom in bold)

I also have a couple others I believe but they are printed out....I will look through my mess of a desk and see if I can see which ones they are.

I think a thread with all of this info would be a great idea too!
I will keep in touch with ya on this subject & I bet between all of us we can get it all together! Thanks ladies
Old 07-23-2009, 12:24

Thank you ladies for all the info. I am new to all this. I need to learn a lot about all the laws.