Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2009, 10:43

Default Anyone do bow parties

if ya'll do can you please share what you do.

like what time prior to show you arrive?

what supplies do you bring?

What do you talk about?

please share
Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2009, 10:49

Default Re: Anyone do bow parties

I arive at least 1/2 hour to 45 minutes early depending on how many people are coming. My husband has made me some traveling peg board displays that I take with me and then I display my product a lot like I would for a craft show. I have lots of options and then I also have a form for custom bows and/or flowers. I find that people buy if they see it and can take it home rather than waiting for it come. Impulse buying ha ha ha
Old 07-21-2009, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkajm View Post
I arive at least 1/2 hour to 45 minutes early depending on how many people are coming. My husband has made me some traveling peg board displays that I take with me and then I display my product a lot like I would for a craft show. I have lots of options and then I also have a form for custom bows and/or flowers. I find that people buy if they see it and can take it home rather than waiting for it come. Impulse buying ha ha ha

Thank you for youre reply..
what do you talk about do you just show them the ribbons you have or you just let them look at bows and shop.. sorry so many questions
im new at bow making and i've been thinking of doing a party at my house
to show my friends what im doing and see if i get some customers..
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua1978 View Post
Thank you for youre reply..
what do you talk about do you just show them the ribbons you have or you just let them look at bows and shop.. sorry so many questions
im new at bow making and i've been thinking of doing a party at my house
to show my friends what im doing and see if i get some customers..

The party at your house is a great idea! I host a "bow party open house" once every few months (my next is August 22) at my home and the turn out has been GREAT! That would probably be your best bet and then let those that come know about your parties and I am sure you will get a couple of bookings from that. Yes, start with the open house and when you do a bow party treat it a lot like an open house and you are there to answer questions as they have them. I found the organized "speach" parties don't do as well for me. Remember they are there to buy not to learn all about our world of ribbon and the different textures etc. they could really care less as long as they get that PERFECT bow for their DD dress they just purchased etc. ha ha ha I hope this helps!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:27

I had an open house/bow party at my house at the end of June and it was great. I'm pretty new to selling my hair accecsories (I usually give them as gifts) and I am horrible when it comes to taking pics and posting. I originally thought about really trying to get my etsy shop up and going but I just can't seem to get it together. So I tried out a craft show/market days and loved it, but I can't do it every month (hubby's a firefighter so his shifts fluctuate and my boys, well they're boys). I had been going nuts making clippies and bows, but no where to go so that is when I decided to have a party. I invited only about 20 people (previous customers only-just because I'm worried about being pushy). Well only 12 people were able to make it, but my total sales for the morning were $250.00. I was super happy with that. I set up all of my items as though I was at a craft show, and had a few snacks & drinks set up on my kitchen counter (really easy stuff, sliced up fruit, mini muffins, tea, lemonade, water) I had a small door prize give away- a set of clippies and toggle head band (I was trying to get a feel for interest in those) The times for the open house were from 10-1. I got so much positive feedback, that I am planning a back to school bow party in August. I'd also like to have one in November. I hope some of that helped. Good Luck!
Suzie
Old 07-21-2009, 02:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziesqtcreations View Post
I had an open house/bow party at my house at the end of June and it was great. I'm pretty new to selling my hair accecsories (I usually give them as gifts) and I am horrible when it comes to taking pics and posting. I originally thought about really trying to get my etsy shop up and going but I just can't seem to get it together. So I tried out a craft show/market days and loved it, but I can't do it every month (hubby's a firefighter so his shifts fluctuate and my boys, well they're boys). I had been going nuts making clippies and bows, but no where to go so that is when I decided to have a party. I invited only about 20 people (previous customers only-just because I'm worried about being pushy). Well only 12 people were able to make it, but my total sales for the morning were $250.00. I was super happy with that. I set up all of my items as though I was at a craft show, and had a few snacks & drinks set up on my kitchen counter (really easy stuff, sliced up fruit, mini muffins, tea, lemonade, water) I had a small door prize give away- a set of clippies and toggle head band (I was trying to get a feel for interest in those) The times for the open house were from 10-1. I got so much positive feedback, that I am planning a back to school bow party in August. I'd also like to have one in November. I hope some of that helped. Good Luck!
Suzie

Thank you!
this does give me an idea on what to do.
i have about 125 bows allready made and about 20 toggle headbands
I'm not sure if this is enough inventory to host a party what do you think?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkajm View Post
The party at your house is a great idea! I host a "bow party open house" once every few months (my next is August 22) at my home and the turn out has been GREAT! That would probably be your best bet and then let those that come know about your parties and I am sure you will get a couple of bookings from that. Yes, start with the open house and when you do a bow party treat it a lot like an open house and you are there to answer questions as they have them. I found the organized "speach" parties don't do as well for me. Remember they are there to buy not to learn all about our world of ribbon and the different textures etc. they could really care less as long as they get that PERFECT bow for their DD dress they just purchased etc. ha ha ha I hope this helps!

Thanks for the info...
Old 07-21-2009, 02:41

Do you make custom orders at the party or do you wait to deliver them?
Old 07-21-2009, 03:00

Gosh, that's so hard! I know that lot's of ladies on here use the phrase "you can't sell what you don't have" and I can really see where that is very true. I'm really small potatoes here, so I tried to make as much as I was physically able to make time wise and supply wise. I didn't want to buy lots of supplies and have my party be a flop, as I mentioned I only invited previous customers. I actually had about 100 bows- 2"-5" (boutique & pinwheel), 50 korkers- 1"-4" (my favorite), 30 streamers- 7" & 11" and 150 clippies- plain, w/bows, ice cream cones, & lady bugs. That seemed to be a good amount for the people that were here. I had a custom order sheet ready, but it seems as though people like to take things home with them. I know that I do. That probably doesn't help much.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:25

Oh, I forgot to mention that for my next open house I'm going to give away a free pair of plain clippies to guest that bring a friend. I am hoping to open up my client base that way. I also want to create some sort of "frequent buyer card" something like my creative memories lady does. I was thinking that maybe I would put a stamp on a card for every $5 and then at $25 they would get a free clippie or itty bitty bow free. Does that make sense? I haven't gotten that totally figured out yet. I'm kind of thinking out loud
Sponsored Links