Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2009, 03:32

Default Re: Anyone do bow parties

PrettyNPink
I would deliver the item because I'm worried that I might have some performance anxiety trying to make something in front of anyone other than my boys and hubby
Suzie
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 07-21-2009, 10:20

How about a Bow Basket party? I knew someone who did a similar thing with pampered chef. You would give your hostess a large basket or suitcase of your product and receipts to fill out.}(you will need to take an inventory of what is in there. She takes it for a week and sells and brings you what is left, offer incentives for sales and for booking more parties. If you dont know the hostess, you could require a refundable deposit in case she were to run off with your goods.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24

I just wanted to share 2 good games that I did with my last bow party.

1. Take a Bow Board and time the girls filling it up. I make them put at least 10 clippies on the board as well. This gets them to look at the bows and "shop" as the play the game.

2. Do the belly mesuring game from the baby showers. I have them guess how much ribbon it takes to make a bow and have them tare off TP.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziesqtcreations View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention that for my next open house I'm going to give away a free pair of plain clippies to guest that bring a friend. I am hoping to open up my client base that way. I also want to create some sort of "frequent buyer card" something like my creative memories lady does. I was thinking that maybe I would put a stamp on a card for every $5 and then at $25 they would get a free clippie or itty bitty bow free. Does that make sense? I haven't gotten that totally figured out yet. I'm kind of thinking out loud
You can buy custom stamps on etsy.....that way you would have a unique stamp that nobody could re-create and try to say that you stamped their card.

I've got a tiny little cupcake one that a seller made me...SO cute!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by theellisfamily02 View Post
I just wanted to share 2 good games that I did with my last bow party.

1. Take a Bow Board and time the girls filling it up. I make them put at least 10 clippies on the board as well. This gets them to look at the bows and "shop" as the play the game.

2. Do the belly mesuring game from the baby showers. I have them guess how much ribbon it takes to make a bow and have them tare off TP.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of #1!

That would also show them how durable your bows are and how easy it is to use a bow board (or bow holder--whichever you have) and they might wanna buy the bow holder too!!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:29

Oh, that would be great idea, to have my own unique stamp. Do you have something like that set up? My creative memories lady usually keeps all of our cards with her and will bring them when we have crop nights & scrapbook retreats. I've always enjoyed getting a little something after spending so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywife8511 View Post
You can buy custom stamps on etsy.....that way you would have a unique stamp that nobody could re-create and try to say that you stamped their card.

I've got a tiny little cupcake one that a seller made me...SO cute!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:36

Great topic/thread! I'm planning on having my first bow party next month. My two youngest sisters live near me and they and their girlfriends have a "Girl's Night Out" every Tuesday night (basically, they go out with their girlfriends and drink a LOT of wine!). I'm going to have one of my sisters "host" the party (she's hosted a bunch of Pampered Chef, Tupperware, etc.) on a Tuesday night. I'm planning on bringing a bow buffet (mix of all of my bows) and a bunch of my flip flops (girls and Mommy sizes). Since they're used to having cocktails, I bought a bunch of pink plastic martini glasses and we're going to serve "bow-tinis" with zebra-striped alligator clippies attached to the stems like drink charms. That way they can take those home with them, as well as their little free gifts (flower clippies) and there will be a door prize as well (bow holder). I found the cutest zebra-striped & pink plates and napkins at HL (ok, I've just been looking for an excuse to buy these!). We'll just serve little bites (haven't figured out what yet - nothing too messy!). This crowd isn't really into party games so I'm not sure if I'll do any.

I don't know. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

www.PartTimeDiva.etsy.com
Old 07-22-2009, 05:10

I love the idea of a stamped card. I think I'll just do the business cards for stamping. At what price point would you have them get a free product? $50 sounds right to me.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:47

the stamp is a good idea. thanks for shareing
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeDiva View Post
Great topic/thread! I'm planning on having my first bow party next month. My two youngest sisters live near me and they and their girlfriends have a "Girl's Night Out" every Tuesday night (basically, they go out with their girlfriends and drink a LOT of wine!). I'm going to have one of my sisters "host" the party (she's hosted a bunch of Pampered Chef, Tupperware, etc.) on a Tuesday night. I'm planning on bringing a bow buffet (mix of all of my bows) and a bunch of my flip flops (girls and Mommy sizes). Since they're used to having cocktails, I bought a bunch of pink plastic martini glasses and we're going to serve "bow-tinis" with zebra-striped alligator clippies attached to the stems like drink charms. That way they can take those home with them, as well as their little free gifts (flower clippies) and there will be a door prize as well (bow holder). I found the cutest zebra-striped & pink plates and napkins at HL (ok, I've just been looking for an excuse to buy these!). We'll just serve little bites (haven't figured out what yet - nothing too messy!). This crowd isn't really into party games so I'm not sure if I'll do any.

I don't know. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I so just had to post on the zebra plates and stuff. How cute that sounds. I am planning on doing my DD 2nd bday party in hot pink/zebra. She is a wild child. I love that idea. I had a trunk show when I made jewelry and it went really well. I have a friend that wants to do a trunk show at her house with my bows, flowers, and outfits. But I am still trying to decide what to do.

BTW all of these are great ideas. I have not done a bow party, but with my jewelry it was always purchase what I already had, never custom orders. I would try and have 2 solid color bows, then some prints, 2 or 3 of each in each size. Try and give a variety for the customers to choose from. Good luck!
Sponsored Links