printed bottle caps fabric tape 5/8" dot grosgrain ribbon stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-20-2009, 10:38

Default Wire garland Halos

OK...I had this brainstorm to make those wire garland halos with the curling ribbon streamers for a craft show I'm doing on Saturday. I have the garland and the curling ribbon, but I have no child to measure how big the "circle" should be. Can someone help please? What do you think a good diamater would be for these things? I'm thinking around 6". Is that too big? Too small? I have no clue.

Thanks,
Diane
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 07-21-2009, 01:04

Default Re: Wire garland Halos

i have the same question! thanks for posting i will keep checking back to see answers. thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 01:37

I was wondering the same thing today, actually!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01

Hellooooo me again. Doesn't any one make these??? Does any one have any they have purchase? Could you let me know what the diameter of those are? I really need to get busy on these. I am sooooo far behind on inventory and these were supposed to be a simple project for me LOL.

Thanks,
Diane
Old 07-21-2009, 10:06

I made these in July for a show I did. I ended up using my head size, so the ends just touched, but then twisting the end to make it smaller. This way they were adjustable for any size child. I asked and didn't get an answer either, so decided to do it this way. It seemed to go over well for toddlers and bigger kids this way.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:37

Thanks for your reply that is what I was thinking about doing at this point. I was going to use 2 or 3 circles of the wire garland per halo. Did you do this or only one? THe stars seem pretty far apart using only one per circle.

Thanks again,
Diane
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27

I made a ton. I made 3, 4 and 6 layer halos. I measured my head and then subtracted 2-3 inches. They turned out well. Hopefully they will sell this weekend
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12

Thanks. May I ask how many curling ribbons you are using and what you are pricing yours at? I made mine 3 layers and I started out with 12 strands of ribbon making it 24 ribbons when they are attatched and curled but I think they look too sparse. I think it needs a lot more. As for price I have no idea...I was hoping this would be one of those "get them in the booth" for a quick easy sale type things, but they are a lot of work. Maybe there is an easier way to attach the ribbon.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:24

I tried to post this morning, but it kept giving me errors! When I make mine, I use 10 inches of garland (if its to big it is easily adjustable by twisting the wire)

And 15 60 inch long pieces of ribbon (gives you 30 30 inch pieces in the back)

Twist your wire together to form a circle, fold your ribbons in 1/2 zip tie them to the wire, and you are done!@
Old 07-21-2009, 02:42

Thank you for posting!!! Yup I was making it way too hard as usual. I was using I don't know how much wire twisting it for 3 times around...THEN...using 12 pices of ribbon about 75" long doing a larkshead knot (I think that's what it's called ) which was not really tight and then going back through the knot with another piece of ribbon to tie it to the halo to make sure it was tight THEN curling the ribbon WHEEEWWW I was tired just after one!!!!! I like your way much better thank you very much. May I ask what you are charging for yours?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/Tdazzled-300.gif