New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-16-2009, 12:12

Default Flower Girl?

Hi guys..So my daughter is going to be flower girl at my friends wedding next week and I was wondering if you guys have any ideas of maybe big bows that she could wear? Her dress is black and turquoise. And about a month ago she had a run in with my scissors which left her without bangs so if you guys have any ideas that would be great!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2009, 12:18

Default Re: Flower Girl?

How about one of those huge surrounding loop bows? And to cover the area where her bangs use to be (as I shudder from the memory of my own experience), maybe attach the bow to a fabric type stretchy headband? It may help hide the lack of hair in that area.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:33

a cute lace or fabric headband worn with her hair down so it cover the bangs problem and a pretty flower would be cute. How long is her hair?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35

It is right at her shoulders. Used to be longer but she took big chunks out of the bottom Could you guys give me so links of pics that your talking about im lost.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:43

The headband sounds like the best choice. I was thinking black foe with flowers to match her dress sewn on. Maybe if you showed the dress seeing the style would help a bit.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:47

I made these headband for flower girls...I might be able to make the one with black and turquoise if you're interested.
Pearly Dream Flowers Headband by lilladybows on Etsy

Lili

Wholesale Headbands, Rolled/Dainty Flowers, and Duchesse Flowers.

21 Satin colors and 20 Grosgrain colors. PM me for more details.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:48

This is not a bow, but this is what my sister made for my daughter to wear in a wedding. My sister that will be getting married soon (not the one that makes bows) also wants her flowergirls (my daughter and niece) to wear something like this.

Everyone loved this headpiece. It looked 100 times better than the other girls (we all had to have our headpieces made) They went to a flower shop. UGLY!! My sister and I just went to Hobby Lobby spent around $10 and this is what we got
Old 07-16-2009, 12:48

It kinda looks like
http://www.adorablebabyclothing.com/...1/CKH103-t.jpg
but with a turquoise sash. Maybe someone would do a custom order for me?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:06

Here is kinda what I was thinking, if you curled her hair you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and it would look SO CUTE!!! I have lots of thicker lace headbands that would work that would be REALLY cute. I have a 2.5 inch black stretch lace that would be really fun. I can help you out, just pm me if you are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg little_princess_bowtique_650.JPG (16.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4thofjuly.jpg (17.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10

My daughter hadn't cut her bangs, but she has ton of short pieces. We used those things you turn in the hair (you can see one in the first pic) to hold them back. You know they have rhinestones on them... not sure what hey are called. The rest we pinned back with bobby pins, but you can't even see them My daughter still has never cut her bangs, but those stinken front pieces of hair refuse to grow out as long as the rest of her hair so we always use lots of hairspray and clips. My fear is her cutting her hair though I am a teacher and I know it happens.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.