5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-12-2009, 04:31

Default Bottlecap Display help desperately Needed!

We do craft shows and cannot find a way to display our bottlecaps effectively. The BIGGEST problem is living in FL, I guess, and they get so hot that they stick together and ruin each other, even after they have cured for days.

Any help on how to travel with them and set them up so they don't touch eachother would be greatly appreciated. We can't afford for hundreds of these to keep getting messed up.

thanks so much.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2009, 04:35

Default Re: Bottlecap Display help desperately Needed!

I saw some that had magnets on the back and then they just attached to a cookie sheet-like stand. HTH

<>< Christy
my shop
Old 07-12-2009, 06:19

I saw those kind too.
You may can do the opposite and find a thin sheet that is magnetized...and then the caps will stick to that.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:01

This is what I use for my scrabble tiles, works perfectly, should be large enough for bottlecaps too.

100 Slot Pendant Jewelry Showcase Black Display Tray - eBay (item 260432752527 end time Jul-20-09 22:38:46 PDT)
Old 07-12-2009, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragglerock View Post
This is what I use for my scrabble tiles, works perfectly, should be large enough for bottlecaps too.

100 Slot Pendant Jewelry Showcase Black Display Tray - eBay (item 260432752527 end time Jul-20-09 22:38:46 PDT)
That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:57

I just ordered one of those off of ebay. Great minds think alike
Old 07-13-2009, 12:37

I am guessing you are using diamond glaze/triple thick/ or some other **Glue/Glaze** option.

being in a HIGH HUMIDITY state that type of sealer will not ever cure completly... add that to the SWEAT of the person wearing it.... ewwwww YUCK

you need to go to ET Lite... this will harden to a HARD plastic state and will not do this

when I started doing bottle caps I bought some caps from some sellers that made GREAT ones without using etlite.... because I wanted those designs...At my first Summer show I took one out to wear as a *walking display* and within in 2 hours of 60%humidity in 90 heat the glue/sealer was coming off on my skin... EWWWW GROSSS

I pulled all of them and tossed them.... lesson learned make my own ONLY using EtLite
Old 07-13-2009, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post
I am guessing you are using diamond glaze/triple thick/ or some other **Glue/Glaze** option.

being in a HIGH HUMIDITY state that type of sealer will not ever cure completly... add that to the SWEAT of the person wearing it.... ewwwww YUCK

you need to go to ET Lite... this will harden to a HARD plastic state and will not do this
I agree.

When I first started with bottle caps I tried using triple thick thinking it would be a lot easier than ET Lite. I will admit it is easier but when you have to throw them away it is more work. I live in Canada so not near as hot but I still had problems and will now only us ET Lite for all my sealing.

I put my caps on necklaces for people and hang them off of pegboard for display purposes.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya19 View Post
I agree.

When I first started with bottle caps I tried using triple thick thinking it would be a lot easier than ET Lite. I will admit it is easier but when you have to throw them away it is more work. I live in Canada so not near as hot but I still had problems and will now only us ET Lite for all my sealing.

I put my caps on necklaces for people and hang them off of pegboard for display purposes.

I love the ET Lite looks

Old 07-13-2009, 10:57

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Sponsored Links