5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-12-2009, 03:51

Default Help with the Boutique Bow

First of all, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm a newbie, and still learning how to search, and other things.

I have looked at so many instructions online, purchased a few, and still cannot get a boutique bow right to save my life. I have practiced and practiced, and I'm so frustrated with it.

I was wondering if templates have helped some of you bowmakers to get the boutique just right. If they did, which template did you use, and where did you purchase it? There are so many templates out there, I just have no idea where to start to find a good one for the boutique bows.

Any help is very much appreciated, as getting a decent boutique bow right now, would be awesome for me.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:08

Default Re: Help with the Boutique Bow

I purchased TOTTS from Grosgrain Ribbon, Hair Bows, Ribbons, and Much More and i love it, it teaches you how to do pretty much everything!
Old 07-12-2009, 04:32

I use this one
Tutus, Bows More Boutique/Butterfly bow instructions

it helps to use a sally clip to hold the bow in place to tie it off.

I use 27" of 1.5" ribbon for a 3" bow.
20" of 7/8 ribbon for a 2.5" bow
Old 07-12-2009, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenahlove View Post
I use this one
Tutus, Bows More Boutique/Butterfly bow instructions

it helps to use a sally clip to hold the bow in place to tie it off.

I use 27" of 1.5" ribbon for a 3" bow.
20" of 7/8 ribbon for a 2.5" bow
I used those instructions with the Sally clip, but when I fold the loops over, they do not look like hers, and then I sew it off, and my loops are back to looking like a regular bow, and do not stand up like hers. I guess my problem is getting the loops to look like a boutique style instead of a just a regular bow. The thing is, I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetbowtique View Post
I purchased TOTTS from Grosgrain Ribbon, Hair Bows, Ribbons, and Much More and i love it, it teaches you how to do pretty much everything!
I will definitely check into that bow making system. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:50

I am having the same problem you are. I'm actively searching for the best template/tut.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by historybelle View Post
I used those instructions with the Sally clip, but when I fold the loops over, they do not look like hers, and then I sew it off, and my loops are back to looking like a regular bow, and do not stand up like hers. I guess my problem is getting the loops to look like a boutique style instead of a just a regular bow. The thing is, I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Ok, when your doing the figure 8 try to make the 8 look thin rather then a round 8.

So its gonna look like a thin long 8. I think that may help you a little. Because I her instructions she making a perfect 8 but i think its should be a thin 8.

If you need more help pm and i can try to explain more. I had the same problem and now my boutique bows come out great.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenahlove View Post
Ok, when your doing the figure 8 try to make the 8 look thin rather then a round 8.

So its gonna look like a thin long 8. I think that may help you a little. Because I her instructions she making a perfect 8 but i think its should be a thin 8.

If you need more help pm and i can try to explain more. I had the same problem and now my boutique bows come out great.
Thank you so much! I will try again in a few hours, and PM you if I get stuck again.

That makes sense about the thin 8. My loops were way off the last time I tried it, and they didn't look like hers did. Why do these bows have to be so frustrating?
Old 07-12-2009, 04:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedancer201 View Post
I am having the same problem you are. I'm actively searching for the best template/tut.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. If you find out how to do it, let me know, and I will do the same.

I love the boutique bows, I just can't get it right.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:03

Even with doing a thinner 8, my bows never end up perky. I just want to make a really cute layered bow!!
Sponsored Links