New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-10-2009, 10:49

Default Alligator or french clips?

Do you all sell your bows better on french clips or alligator clips? At a craft show do you have both available? Do you do stacked bows on french clips and single bows on alligator clips? I'm wondering if I need to have both available because it seems alot of people look at the clip and put it back.........but the french clips are too big for alot of little girls' hair.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:21

Default Re: Alligator or french clips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciaandbabies View Post
Do you all sell your bows better on french clips or alligator clips? At a craft show do you have both available? Do you do stacked bows on french clips and single bows on alligator clips? I'm wondering if I need to have both available because it seems alot of people look at the clip and put it back.........but the french clips are too big for alot of little girls' hair.

That's a good question. I'd like to know that too. I've always put the bigger bows on french clips, including stacked. My general rule is anything smaller than 3" on alligator, larger on french. But I am NO expert...would love to hear from others.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:13

here is what i do .............. all of my small bows are on alligator clips, my large single bows i do mostly french clips but every so often on the popular colors i throw a alligator clip in, my small boutique bows are on alligator ( they sale better that way for me because people can put them on headbands), and my large boutique are on french, unless someone asks different! my large korkers on french, and small on aliigator, sometimes i like to mix it up though! hth

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 07-10-2009, 02:09

I usually put everything on an alligator clip unless someone asks for a french clip. The alligator clips stay better in my girls' hair AND they clip to a headband better. I like to put them in without a ponytail though and the french clips you need to use a ponytail holder. I'm not everyone though. HMMMMMM Even stacked bows......which I usually only make for my kids, I put on an alligator clip. I think I may start doing some of each.
With the french clips, do you put a lining of ribbon on them or just sew/glue the bow on the metal?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:40

I haven't made too many infant bows so I use primarily french clips. They do, however, make TINY french clips that are only about an inch long. I accidentally ordered some and haven't used them, but I think they would be great on infant bows that you'll be using on a headband.....seems like they would be a little more secure, but still interchangable, ya know. However, I would think alligator would be best for infant bows that are going to go directly in the hair because you can add the no slip grip.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:40

see I even use alligator clips on all my 8 yr old's bows because they don't slip out, with the grip, like the french clips do. I have to remember though that my customers aren't me and don't have my kids. I think I will make some of both.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52

I use alligator clips also, but just ordered small french clips for when I do bigger bows. I think its just the preference of the bow maker.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:22

I use both, the alligator clips for the smaller bows and flower clips and the barrettes for the larger bows. You can line them or get the gripper stuff to make them stay. I have really fine hair and as long as I line, or partially line, my clips they stay just fine.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies